Java Edition Classic 0.0.13a
May 22, 2009 (original version)
|The pre-reupload version of this version is currently missing.|
This version has been reuploaded at one point in time. While the reuploaded version has been archived, the pre-reupload has not, and as such is it currently lost.
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on .
A version called "0.0.13a" is available in the launcher. However, it has many differences from the version called 0.0.13a in 2009, which appeared to support regular terrain, whereas the launcher version strictly uses flat terrain. Additionally, many features from 0.0.12a are still present, such as using the "generating level" screen from that version instead of the one from 0.0.13a. This may mean that the version from the launcher is in fact an early testing version of 0.0.13a solely intended for testing level size, and the release of 0.0.13a remains lost.
- Added a thin black block selection outline
- "Huge" level size.
- Level saving for players with accounts
- Feature for registered and logged in players.
- 5 slots total
- Stored at the URL
http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?name=<username>&id=<the slot saved in, starting from 0>
- Aspect ratio
- Game ratio is now 854×480, not 640×480.
- Holding jump no longer allows for autojumping
- Source code is now obfuscated.
When launched the world is originally square and only becomes long when a new level is generated. Despite the surface being flat in the launcher version, caves with lava lakes can still spawn underground.
- "Minecraft: Huge level, teaser of 0.0.13a" – Archive Nizzotch Archive via YouTube
- "Minecraft (alpha)" by Markus Persson. TIGSource Forums, May 22, 2009.
- minecraft.net goes live, and you can save your levels now!