Java Edition Classic 0.0.12a
|This version is currently missing.|
While this version is known to exist it is missing from the launcher and has not been archived elsewhere, meaning that it is currently lost.
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on the talk page.
It is worth noting that numerous fake copies of this version exist, so please consider checking the dates of the files inside.
May 19, 2009
Client not archived
- Unobtainable to the player.
- Initially referred as "unbreakable stone".
- Bedrock and the layer above (if at the bottom of the world) is always dark even if exposed to the sky.
- Cannot be broken, placed against or otherwise selected
- An infinite ocean now surrounds the map.
- The player can no longer pass the edge of the map.
- Pressing Esc now opens the pause menu.
- Pressing F cycles between four levels of render distance.
- Pressing N saves the current level as a level.dat file.
- Only saves the level if the world changed since the last save.
- Water and lava now flow to fill any available space below or next to it.
- With just one water source the entire world will be flooded.
- Water next to lava produces stone.
- World Generation
- Worlds made before 0.0.12a will receive a bedrock layer at the bottom of the map and an ocean surrounding it.
- New level generator.
- Terrain is more messy with more bumps visible on the surface.
- Lakes occur when the surrounding water is at a higher level than the terrain.
- All dirt with access to sunlight will not become grass upon world generation if below water level.
- Lava lakes also spawn occasionally.
- Surface dirt layer is more uniform.
- Almost always there is a layer of grass with dirt under it above stone.
- Cliff faces can no longer be made of pure dirt and grass.
- Mobs no longer get reset on level reset, meaning there is no way to get rid of mobs now.
- While some sources imply that this version was released on May 20, due to timezones differences it was actually released at 22:36 UTC on May 19 (which is 00:36 on May 20, Sweden time).
- "0.0.12a is up" – The Word of Notch, May 20, 2009
- "TigIRC logs" (archived) – Archive.org, May 19, 2009, UTC–4. "(18:36:09) notch: 0.0.12a is up. Water, lava, new map generation,rendering distance toggle"
- "Minecraft Water test" – Nizzotch Archive – via YouTube
- "Minecraft Huge flood" – Nizzotch Archive – via YouTube
- "TigIRC logs" (archived) – Archive.org, May 19, 2009, UTC–4. "(18:39:43) <notch> oh, they don't get reset on level resets either.. I'd better fix that."