Beta Sound Update
November 11, 2011
|It has been suggested that this page be moved to . Do not move the page until a consensus is reached. |
Reason: Add java prefix
When moving, be sure to use the appropriate tool instead of simply copying and pasting the page's contents, to preserve edit history.
The Beta sound update was an update to the game's sound assets that released on November 11, 2011. The client version was not updated. Sound effects were updated, and previously unimplemented sound effects were newly implemented. Two days later, additional sounds were updated as the first release candidate for Java Edition 1.0.0 was made available.
- The arrow firing sound was changed.
- The chest opening and closing now has its own sound, different from the door sound.
- Wooden and iron doors, trapdoors and fence gates' opening and closing sounds were changed.
- Experience orbs now make a twinkling sound when collected.
- Thrown item (snowball, chicken egg, fishing rod and Eye of Ender) sounds were changed.
- Explosions now have several new, slightly differing sounds instead of just one.
- After the sounds were updated, they applied to all Minecraft versions, including all beta and alpha versions.