Java Edition Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3
October 6, 2011
|Other editions of 1.9-pre3|
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3 is the third pre-release for Java Edition 1.0.0, released on October 6, 2011, it adds 5 new blocks including the brewing stand and enchantment table, it also adds the eye of ender item, 5 baby animal variants, XP levels, and the enchantment glint effect and it also completed potion mechanics. Unlike the client, the server for this version was not reuploaded.
- Used to brew potions.
- Unfinished end portal in strongholds.
- Broken end portal frame blocks can be repaired with eyes of ender, though nothing further occurs.
- Currently useless.
- A white cobblestone texture was added to the terrain.png in the spot where end stone would be found in the next pre-release; however it wasn't used by any block yet.
- Can be used to repair end portal frames, although they don't have their locating functionality yet.
- Completely redone potion system.
- Added pie chart detailing CPU usage.
- Placeholder system.
- Enchanted items appear to glimmer, have blue tooltips and have "Enchanted!!" written below tooltip.
- When destroyed, drops 3 books.
- Now assigned with block ID.
- Now only carries water instead of being used to make potions.
- More randomly placed chests.
- 1x1 glass pillars protruding from ground to sky limit at the location of strongholds.
- Tooltips for rare items (golden apples, music discs) are now pink.
- Experience levels
- Now shown above experience bar.
1 bug fixed
- Fixed Snow golems being able to enter love mode.
- This version was re-released a few minutes after its initial release to remove some code relating to the Ender Dragon. This was possibly done to avoid leaking information, as the Ender Dragon had not yet been announced.