Java Edition Beta 1.8 Pre-release 2 ;)
Minecraft Beta 1.8 Pre-release 2 ;)
September 13, 2011
- Their density is now significantly decreased
- To counter this change they generate about 2.5 times as often
- Increased stronghold count to three per map instead of one
- Blocking now works in multiplayer.
- Creative inventory
- Some of the missing blocks are now on the creative selection screen
- The player can no longer eat in creative
- Chickens and cows killed by burning now drop their cooked meat
- Squid now drop experience orbs when killed
- "Generated Structures" is now on by default
- Holding shift while grabbing a crafting output now automatically takes the maximum amount of outputs from the ingredients it was given.
- Bone Meal
- Can now be used on pumpkin and melon seeds
- Huge mushrooms can only be made if a mushroom is planted on grass or dirt
- Vines spread infinitely down now, but do not spread if there are more than four other vine blocks nearby.
- Cracked and mossy stone bricks now drop themselves instead of regular stone bricks.
- Adjusted fog strength at low altitudes to be less extreme
- F6 and F7 working as a result of left-in debug code being removed
- Fog key mapped to F
7 bugs fixed
- Fixed endermen having client-side problems in multiplayer
- Sprinting with right-click or sneaking is now fixed
- Fixed furnace tile entity crash
- Fixed leaving the crafting table with items on the grid creating phantom blocks
- Fixed singleplayer chunk memory leak
- Fixed vines and leaves no crashing the game when placed in the Nether
- Fixed farmlands rejecting melon and pumpkin seeds
- This version features a winking-face emoticon (";)") in its name, for unknown reasons.