Java Edition Beta 1.8 Pre-release 2 ;)
Minecraft Beta 1.8 Pre-release 2 ;)
September 13, 2011
|It has been suggested that this page be moved to Discuss. Do not move the page until a consensus is reached. |
Because the requested name for this page to be moved to already exists as a redirect, and the redirect has been edited at least twice or does not redirect to this page, an admin will need to move the page. You can ask an admin to move the page by going to the admin noticeboard or on an admin's talk page.
When moving, be sure to use the appropriate tool instead of simply copying and pasting the page's contents, to preserve edit history.
- Their density is now significantly decreased
- To counter this change they generate about 2.5 times as often
- Increased stronghold count to three per map instead of one
- Blocking now works in multiplayer.
- Creative inventory
- Some of the missing blocks are now on the creative selection screen
- You can no longer eat in creative
- Chickens and cows killed by burning now drop their cooked meat
- Squid now drop experience orbs when killed
- "Generated Structures" is now on by default
- Bone Meal
- You can now use this stuff on pumpkin and melon seeds
- Huge mushrooms can only be made if a mushroom is planted on grass or dirt
- Cracked and mossy stone bricks now drop themselves instead of regular stone bricks.
- Adjusted fog strength at low altitudes to be less extreme
- F6 and F7 working as a result of left-in debug code is now removed
- Fog key mapped to F
7 bugs fixed
- Fixed endermen having client-side problems in multiplayer
- Sprinting with right-click or sneaking is now fixed
- Fixed furnace tile entity crash
- Fixed leaving the crafting table with items on the grid creating phantom blocks
- Fixed singleplayer chunk memory leak
- Fixed vines and leaves no crashing the game when placed in the Nether
- Fixed farmlands rejecting melon and pumpkin seeds