The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition Beta 1.8 Pre-release 2 ;)
September 13, 2011
- Vines spread infinitely down now, but do not spread if there are more than four other vine blocks nearby.
- Cracked and mossy stone bricks now drop themselves instead of regular stone bricks.
- Blocking now works in multiplayer.
- Can now be used on pumpkin and melon seeds.
- Huge mushrooms can only be made if a mushroom is planted on grass or dirt.
- Squid now drop experience orbs when killed.
- Their density is now significantly decreased.
- To counter this change they generate about 2.5 times as often.
- Increased stronghold count to three per map instead of one.
- Some of the missing blocks are now on the creative selection screen.
- The player can no longer eat in creative.
- Chickens and cows killed by burning now drop their cooked meat.
- Holding shift while grabbing a crafting output now automatically takes the maximum amount of outputs from the ingredients it was given.
- "Generated Structures" is now on by default.
- Adjusted fog strength at low altitudes to be less extreme.
- F6 and F7 working as a result of left-in debug code being removed.
- Fog key mapped to F.
- 7 bugs fixed
- Fixed endermen having client-side problems in multiplayer.
- Sprinting with right-click or sneaking is now fixed.
- Fixed furnace tile entity crash.
- Fixed leaving the crafting table with items on the grid creating phantom blocks.
- Fixed singleplayer chunk memory leak.
- Fixed vines and leaves no crashing the game when placed in the Nether.
- Fixed farmlands rejecting melon and pumpkin seeds.
- This version features a winking-face emoticon (";)") in its name for unknown reasons.