Java Edition Beta 1.7.3
Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
July 8, 2011
11 bugs fixed
- Corrected a block duplication bug when using pistons.
- Corrected a redstone torch duplication bug when using pistons.
- Corrected a client crash when placing a sign in front of the piston, powering the piston and then removing the block beneath the sign.
- Ice blocks are now pushed without causing water streams to break everything.
- Powered rails are no longer being powered magically without a power source.
- Pistons connected to the end of a piston transistor via redstone are now properly closed when the power goes out.
- Doors no longer create purple particles.
- Modified clients can no longer edit texts of placed signs in multiplayer.
- Changed so that paintings pushed by pistons will pop off.
- This was the last version before the game started getting official pre-releases.
- This was also the last version to feature the old pre-Beta 1.8 terrain generator with the random terrain.
- Due to the above, this was also the last version where the player could visit the Far Lands.
- This was also the last version to include a dirt background in the title screen.
- "Minecraft Beta 1.7.3" – MCUpdate, July 8, 2011, Tumblr