Java Edition Beta 1.7
June 30, 2011
- Can push blocks when powered by redstone.
- Can push and pull blocks when powered by redstone.
- New tool.
- Used to pick up leaves.
- Used to obtain wool from a sheep without harming it.
- Yields more wool than killing sheep.
- No longer drop wool from punching them, they must be either sheared or killed.
- Texture was added
- It cannot be summoned, as there was no AI for it.
- The gray textures in the breaking animation have been replaced with opacity.
- Now requires shears or a sword to be broken properly, and drops 1 string when destroyed.
- Can now place any block on the top.
- Single slabs now use the bottom half of the full block's texture.
- Now required to trigger TNT.
- When pressing F3 in-game, a value ("F") from 0 to 3 will appear to indicate direction.
- The bed side texture has been moved in the texture pack file, as well as the cake texture.
2 bugs fixed
An official video documenting some of Beta 1.7's major features was released on Mojang's official YouTube channel on May 24, 2011. The video was made by Hat Films. Made before Java Edition was officially released (and long before 1.7 came out), the trailer omits “Beta” when referring to the version number.