Java Edition Beta 1.7
Minecraft Beta 1.7
June 30, 2011
Client (.json) |
|Other editions of 1.7|
|The EXE for this server version is currently missing.|
While the JAR file for this server version has been archived, the EXE has not, and as such is currently lost.
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on this page's talk page.
- Can push blocks when powered by redstone.
- Can push and pull blocks when powered by redstone.
- New tool.
- Used to pick up leaves.
- Used to obtain wool from a sheep without harming it.
- Yields more wool than killing sheep.
- No longer drop wool from punching them, they must be either sheared or killed.
- Skin was added (for Beta 1.8).
- The gray textures in the breaking animation have been replaced with opacity.
- Now requires shears or a sword to be broken properly, and drops 1 string when destroyed.
- Can now place any block on the top.
- Single slabs now use the bottom half of the full block's texture.
- Now required to trigger TNT.
- When pressing F3 in-game, a value ("F") from 0 to 3 will appear to indicate direction.
- The bed side texture has been moved in the texture pack file, as well as the cake texture.
2 bugs fixed
An official video documenting some of Beta 1.7's major features was released on Mojang's official YouTube channel on May 24, 2011. The video was made by Hat Films.