Java Edition Beta 1.7
Minecraft Beta 1.7
June 30, 2011
Client (.json) |
|Other editions of 1.7|
|The EXE for this server version is currently missing.|
While the JAR file for this server version has been archived, the EXE has not, and as such is currently lost.
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on this page's talk page.
- Can push blocks when powered by redstone.
- Can push and pull blocks when powered by redstone.
- New tool.
- Used to pick up leaf blocks.
- Used to obtain wool from a sheep without harming it.
- Yields more wool than killing sheep.
- No longer drop wool from punching them, they must be either sheared or killed.
- Skin was added (for Beta 1.8).
- The gray textures in the breaking animation have been replaced with opacity.
- Now requires shears or a sword to be broken properly, and drops 1 string when destroyed.
- Can now place any block on the top.
- Single slabs now use the bottom half of the full block's texture.
- Now required to trigger TNT.
- When pressing F3 in-game, a value ("F") from 0 to 3 will appear to indicate direction.
- The bed side texture has been moved in the texture pack file, as well as the cake texture.
2 bugs fixed
- Fixed clay generation.
- Squid can now despawn.
An official video documenting some of Beta 1.7's major features was released on Mojang's official YouTube channel on May 24, 2011. The video was made by Hat Films.