Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Java Edition Beta 1.6.3
May 26, 2011
Client (.json) |
|Other editions of 1.6.3|
Beta 1.6.3 was mainly released to fix some of the bugs and crashes in Beta 1.6.2.
- 2 blocks deep water doesn't prevent fall-damage anymore. Players will need at least 3 blocks deep water to prevent fall damage.
- The renderer is now capped at 100 fps while there are chunks to be generated. The excess time will be spent generating chunks instead of rendering frames.
- The "limit framerate" option now limits the game to 40 fps and will spend at least 10 ms per frame sleeping.
- The "limit framerate" option has been reset to "off" for all players, enable it again if wanted.
3 bugs fixed
- Fixed some block updates not updating lighting properly under some circumstances by reverting the "don’t always send block data" fix in 1.6.
- Fixed a major CPU load issue in the server where a very tight loop would starve all other threads.
- Fixed furnaces dropping/duplicating their contents when they change state from lit to unlit or back.