Java Edition Beta 1.3
February 22, 2011
- Crafted from wood planks and wool.
- Crafted from stone and redstone.
- Cobblestone Slab
- Crafted from cobblestone.
- Wood Slab
- Have to be mined with a pickaxe to collect, were not affected by fire, and had stronger blast resistance than wood planks, like cobblestone slabs.
- Crafted from wood planks.
- Sandstone Slab
- Crafted from sandstone.
- New Painting
- "Burning Skull"
- Code to make this painting display was added in Beta 1.2_01, but the texture itself was not added until this version, resulting in the painting in the prior versions using a purple placeholder texture.
- Added whitelisting to multiplayer servers.
- Can turn on/off the whitelist.
- Can add/remove players from the whitelist.
- Can give a list of whitelisted players and reload that list.
- Added a texture for crying obsidian to terrain.png.
- Smooth lighting engine added with the help of MrMessiah.
- New graphics setting screen.
- Added "Smooth Lighting" option.
- New Mojang logo.
- Will get darker the farther away it is from a source of power.
- Breaking a block made of two slabs now drops 2 slabs.
- Stone slabs are now created by using 3 of the materials.
- Now require two of its materials, instead of 3.
- Renamed "Sulphur" to Gunpowder
- Fewer passive mobs spawn when on harder difficulties.
- Now have a higher spawn rate.
- Players can now choose the name of the world.
- Players can now choose the seed for world generation.
- More than 5 worlds can now be created.
- Deleting world confirmation changed slightly.
- Player can be visibly seen to bob side to side when the player walks (only when View Bobbing is enabled).
- F1 and F3 are now toggled when pressed.
- When F3 is toggled on, mobs display their unique entity ID numbers over their heads.
- F8 toggles mouse smoothing.
- Ability to toggle between classic lighting and "smooth" lighting.
- Scrollbars added in the map selection screen.
- Players can now choose the name of the world when creating a new one.
- Worlds now use a generic McRegion chunk save format, with a built-in auto conversion.
- Scrollbars added in the texture pack list.
- 10 bugs fixed
- When breaking double slabs (one slab placed on another) it will now drop two slabs instead of one.
- Wood doesn't burn forever anymore.
- Grassland/Sand related biome border fixed (Boundaries line up, rather than obviously show chunk borders)
- No longer receiving Java Log error .txt file spam in the minecraft.exe folder when closing the Minecraft client program.
- Players can no longer use the click-release to quickly mine blocks (referred to as "click mining" in Multiplayer only).
- Players no longer glitch when standing on fences in multiplayer.
- Players can no longer milk squids.
- When right-clicking on a wooden door while holding a bow or fishing rod, arrows will no longer be fired into the door, nor will the fishing hook be cast into the door.
- Hostile mobs can now be attacked properly in multiplayer.
- Lapis lazuli ore now drops 4-8 Lapis Lazuli in multiplayer.
There is a debug version of Beta 1.3 that spawns the player with 64 torches, a diamond pickaxe, a diamond shovel, a diamond axe, and 64 beds upon creating a new world. This version is unofficially referred as Beta 1.3a, as the version of Beta 1.3 available in the launcher is labeled old_beta b1.3b.
- Minecraft Beta 1.3 – The Word of Notch, February 22, 2011