Java Edition Beta 1.2
January 13, 2011
|Other editions of 1.2|
Beta 1.2 is a version of Beta released on January 13, 2011, added many additions including charcoal, note blocks, dyes, squid, sugar canes, sugar, dispensers, lapis lazuli blocks, bone meal and sandstone, as well as other changes and fixes.
- Note Block
- (right click to tune, trigger to play)
- New tree types (Birch, Pine)
- Bone Meal - crafted from bones
- Bed - is unobtainable
- Reeds retconned into sugar canes. They still make paper.
- given new look. Non-default furnaces remain unchanged.
- Gold tools can remove blocks like stone and wood much more quickly than their diamond counterparts, with the same durability and restrictions as before this version.
- Spiders can now climb up walls.
- Spawners again show a rotating model inside of what they spawn in single player.
- Included the FastRender mod by Scaevolus.
- Screenshots can be taken using the F2 key without having to first hold down the F1 key.
- Iron, diamond, and coal are found in larger amounts in caves and other areas
- 10 bugs fixed
- Paintings now work in multiplayer.
- Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world.
- A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer.
- Included PowerPC color and audio fixes by Scaevolus.
- Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer.
- Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated multiplayer maps.
- Falling sand behaves better in multiplayer.
- Fixed a few crash on load level bugs.
- Jack o'Lantern now has correct tooltip.
- Sheep now visibly lose their wool when hit in multiplayer.