Java Edition Beta 1.1
December 22, 2010
|Other editions of 1.1|
Beta 1.1 added support for special events on specific dates during the holiday period as well as other changes and fixes. The original Beta 1.1 minecraft.jar did not include the font.txt file, making all text invisible in-game. Notch attempted to fix this and released a new version, also called Beta 1.1 (visible if the player manually adds font.txt into the broken minecraft.jar), a few minutes later. However, this fix did not work because font.txt was still missing. Notch released a third update a few minutes after that, and renamed it Beta 1.1_01.
- Added "Merry X-mas!"
- Displays between Christmas Eve to Boxing Day.
- Added "Happy New Year!"
- Displays during New Year's Day.
- Rewrote leaf decay.
- Players who played the game from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day received a Christmas themed cape.
- Players who played during New Year's Eve received a purple cape with an 11 to celebrate the coming year.
4 bugs fixed
- Fixed FPS drops in single player.
- Fixed players getting spammed with data and getting disconnected in multiplayer.
- Fixed the item duplication bug in multiplayer.
- Fixed "fancy" characters not working in the game by detaching font resources from the code.