Java Edition Beta 1.1
December 22, 2010
|Other editions of 1.1|
|The EXE for this server version is currently missing.|
While the JAR file for this server version has been archived, the EXE has not, and as such is currently lost.
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on this page's talk page.
Beta 1.1[note 1] added support for special events on specific dates during the holiday period as well as other changes and fixes. The original Beta 1.1
minecraft.jar did not include the
font.txt file, making all text invisible in-game. Notch attempted to fix this and released a hotfix 10 minutes later. However, this fix did not work because
font.txt was still missing. Notch released a third update a few minutes after that,
Beta 1.1_01, which fixed this issue.
- Added "Merry X-mas!"
- Displays from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day.
- Added "Happy New Year!"
- Displays during New Year's Day.
- Rewrote leaf decay.
- Players who played the game from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day received a Christmas themed cape.
- Players who played during New Year's Eve received a purple cape with an 11 to celebrate the coming year.
4 bugs fixed
- Fixed FPS drops in single player.
- Fixed players getting spammed with data and getting disconnected in multiplayer.
- Fixed the item duplication bug in multiplayer.
- Fixed "fancy" characters not working in the game by detaching font resources from the code.
- Visible if the player manually adds
font.txtinto the broken