Java Edition Beta 1.0
Minecraft Beta 1.0
December 20, 2010
Beta 1.0 is the first version of Java Edition Beta, which adds a working server-side inventory and includes other changes and fixes.
- Working server-side inventory.
- Tooltips in inventory.
- When the player hovers the mouse over an item, its name appears.
- Added capes for Mojang employees.
- Added the deadmau5 skin (only in use on deadmau5's player).
- Added "Finally Beta!"
- Moving too far away from a chest, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen.
- Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before.
- Can now be thrown.
- Throwing an egg has a chance of spawning a chicken.
- The player can't store items in the inventories' crafting fields anymore.
- If this is attempted in this version, the items simply drop to the ground.
- Made servers save chunks way less often in most cases.
- Chunks don't resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds.
3 bugs fixed
- Many issues fixed as a result of a working server-side inventory.
- Tools thrown on the ground don't repair themselves anymore.