Java Edition Alpha v1.2.0
October 30, 2010
|Other editions of 1.2|
Alpha v1.2.0, the first release of the Halloween Update, was released with server 0.2.2 on October 30, 2010, adding the Nether along with new Nether-exclusive mobs and blocks. It also added fishing, a new terrain generator, and other changes and fixes. This version is available in the launcher but when attempting to play it downloads Alpha v1.2.0_02 instead.
- New terrain generator, featuring biomes
- A hell-like dimension that can be used for quick travel.
- New music tracks and sound effects.
- Higher lighting values are required the deeper they are to keep mobs from spawning.
- Stairs, crafting tables, chests, and furnaces now face the same direction as the player when placed.
- Creepers have new sounds.
- Grass and leaves are now darker in shade.
- Sunrise now creates a red glow at the horizon.
- Pressing F1 hides the HUD and the view-model from the person's view. In third person mode, pressing F1 will create a view looking back at the player's own face.
- Fake chunks generate in the Far Lands.
- Removed Winter Mode.