The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Java Edition Alpha v1.0.0
June 30, 2010
Alpha v1.0.0 is the first Alpha version of the game, released on June 30, 2010. It was the second of two versions released on June 30, 2010, and was labeled "Minecraft Infdev"; Notch retroactively decided this version would be named Alpha v1.0.0 upon the release of Alpha v1.0.1.
On June 29, 2010, about 19 hours before the official release, there was a downloadable version to test the offline client.
- Changed some aspects.
- Spawn Y is set to 64 if it is at or below 0.
- "I fixed a few bugs in /game/, and the game is now playable offline" – The Word of Notch, June 30, 2010
- "Minecraft - Strange Map Corruption" – TKMinecraft, June 30, 2010 – via YouTube
- "stairs and the new offline client" – ModDB, June 30, 2010.
- Seecret Friday update the third! OooooOOOoo! – The Word of Notch, July 3, 2010
- "Offline client tech test" – The Word of Notch, June 29, 2010