Java Edition 20w48a
November 25, 2020
- Decoration block.
- Does not generate anywhere currently, is only available from the creative inventory.
- Can be placed on the floor or ceiling, creating stalagmites or stalactites respectively.
- Can be combined to form longer stalactites and stalagmites.
- Stalagmites break if not attached to something below, and hurt entities which fall on top of them.
- Enemies that fall on the stalagmites deal three times more fall damage
- Stalactites fall if unsupported, and hurt entities they fall on.
- Damage is relative to height: For example, one falling from 2 blocks deals 2 of damage, and one falling from 3 blocks deal 4 of damage.
- They drip water or lava into cauldrons if a source block is placed above the stalactite, and gradually fill the cauldron. Water drips even without any water above the block, but does not fill the cauldron.
- Thrown tridents break pointed dripstone.
- Whether entities take damage from freezing inside of powder snow.
- Added new
- Contains leather boots, leather pants, leather tunic, and leather cap.
- Having an item in this tag in an armor slot prevents players from freezing.
- The texture has been changed. Has a more prominent "X" in its center.
- The texture has been changed. It is now slightly less busy, striking a middle ground between the 20w45a and 20w46a textures.
- Can now only be placed on solid surfaces.
- If the block a candle is placed on is broken, the candle stays floating.
- Crafting all variants of cut copper into slabs now gives 6 slabs instead of 4.
- Players in creative mode can now freeze.
- Now show fullness as a number when advanced tooltips are enabled.
- Right-clicking a bundle in the inventory now empties one item from the bundle.
- Using a bundle now throws out its entire content into the world.
- The item textures have been changed to only have one candle.
- The texture has been changed. The gold is now more vibrant and better matches other instances of gold in the Texture Update texture.
- The texture has been changed. The iron is now more vibrant and better matches other instances of iron in the Texture Update texture.
- Leather armor
- Wearing any piece of leather armor now prevents freezing entirely.
- The spyglass is now a 3D model instead of a flat sprite.
- Using the spyglass now better anchors it to the player's "eye" when viewed in 3rd person.
- Some recipe-unlocking advancements had criteria names changed.
- The chiseled nether bricks recipe is now unlocked by having a nether brick slab instead of a nether bricks block.
snow_step_sound_blocksblock tag was renamed to
- 28 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.17
- MC-3615 – Lava and water are completely transparent at certain height levels
- MC-8017 – Arrows and tridents are not being slowed down by webs but eggs and snowballs are
- MC-173745 – Lower part of end gateway block beam renders incorrectly
- MC-176614 – Swimming and doing certain actions make the player look very odd/does not have animations for swimming + doing certain actions
- MC-198864 – World border does not render below y0 / above y255
- MC-200696 – Clock's texture does not match the new gold color pallete
- From the 1.17 development versions
- MC-203602 – Spyglass animation is wrong when swimming
- MC-203645 – Spyglass wobbles when walking while in use
- MC-203824 – Weird Hand animation when attacking and using spyglass at the same time
- MC-203925 – Items inside of a bundle disappear if you empty the bundle in the inventory when in Creative mode while the inventory is full
- MC-203951 – The elder guardian particle moves when an elder guardian moves
- MC-204323 – Inconsistency: Crafting copper blocks into slabs only yields 4 slabs instead of 6
- MC-204424 – Using a spyglass while gliding with an elytra points the spyglass down in third person view
- From the previous development version
- MC-205041 – Full leather armour does not prevent freezing damage
- MC-205069 – Powdered snow doesn't give you frozen effect in creative mode
- MC-205072 – Snow Ambient Effect sometimes don't show correctly on the edge of a Powder Snow Block
- MC-205145 – Compass with nothing to point to will spin very rapidly when in bundle.
- MC-205197 – Creating a map from an empty map no longer plays a sound
- MC-205220 – Cannot manipulate horse.saddle using /item command
- MC-205228 – Player arms still move when using a spyglass while flying
- MC-205269 – Chest closing sounds desynced with closing animations
- MC-205321 – Item modifiers that change the item type don't work on entities
- MC-205445 – The Fabulous graphics warning is shown at the wrong time
- MC-205454 – Bundles can be used to duplicate items in the crafting grid
- MC-205492 – The 'Include entities' option in the structure block UI is the opposite of the actual behavior
- MC-205567 – TNT flashes are translucent once again
- MC-205627 – Item modifiers that change the count to 0 don't completely remove the item
- MC-206058 – /item modify doesn't visually update the model of an item in an item frame
Video made by Slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 20w48a" – Minecraft.net, November 25, 2020