The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 20w27a
July 1, 2020
- Added piglin brute spawn eggs.
- Stronger variants of piglins that wield golden axes.
- Are always hostile towards players, unlike piglins.
- Have 50 × 25 health.
- Only spawn during world generation in bastion remnants.
- Contains mycelium, podzol, and crimson and warped nylium.
- Used to determine which blocks mushrooms can be placed on and which blocks huge mushrooms can grow on, even if the light level is high.
- Can now be placed on mycelium.
- Can now be leashed.
- Now spawn piglin brutes on world generation.
- Normal piglins still spawn.
- Piglin brutes are now used for the "Monster Hunter" advancement and count toward the "Monsters Hunted" advancement.
- Dropping resource packs into the menu now updates the list of resource packs without needing a reload.
- Data packs can now have a pack.png in the root folder, and will display it in the data pack menu.
- 27 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-1058 – A dragon head is invisible if the entity wearing it is not in view.
- MC-2404 – Stepping down while sneaking allows falling off of blocks.
- MC-49476 – NBT
HideFlagsdoes not hide "Dyed" on leather armor.
- MC-68487 – Player heads of the same player always have the same skin texture, even if the saved texture data is different.
- MC-97507 – Using item which modifies the held item shows "Gear equips" subtitle.
- MC-145691 – Binding "Open/Close Inventory" to Tab ↹ only opens the inventory.
- MC-150417 – Some items get stuck in soul sand when there is liquid above the soul sand.
- MC-160723 – Bamboo crock sliding off.
- MC-180447 – Game crashes when placing player head down.
- From 1.16
- MC-171739 – Weeping and twisting vines, bamboo, and kelp can be replaced by "saplings" by breaking and placing the block at the same time.
- MC-174762 – Villager iron golem respawn timer is reset when the chunk is reloaded.
- MC-178729 – Red and brown mushrooms cannot be grown into huge mushrooms on nylium, while they can on all other "grass" blocks.
- MC-182652 – Ruined portals do not always generate with a chest.
- MC-183663 – Farmer villagers do not compost correctly.
- MC-183743 – Iron golem overpopulation bug.
- MC-185274 – Subtitles still show "Gear equips" when eating in snapshot 20w21a or newer.
- MC-188473 – Resource pack screen no longer updates when adding or removing resource packs.
- MC-188969 – Having a suspicious stew in a player’s inventory prevents any type of suspicious stew from going into their inventory when milking a brown mooshroom.
- MC-189909 –
player_interacted_with_entitydoes not trigger if there is only one item and the item gets consumed.
- MC-190021 – Trying to mount a pig or strider while sneaking plays the hand animation.
- MC-190266 – Players and other entities can catch on fire after logging on while riding a strider in lava.
- MC-190274 – Collecting liquids in bottles in creative mode is inconsistent with the new creative mode bucket mechanics.
- MC-190849 – Slime blocks can only push entities 5 blocks high instead of 6 blocks high as in 1.15.2.
- MC-191467 – Resource packs screen is not updated in real time when packs are dropped in the folder.
- From 1.16.1
- MC-191915 – While in a boat the elytra does not show as enchanted.
- MC-191953 – End gateway occasionally fails to teleport player to/from the End islands.
- MC-192894 – Transparency layers lose their auxiliary depth buffer ID when resized.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 20w27a" – Minecraft.net, July 1, 2020