Java Edition 20w22a
May 29, 2020
- Added a new "Keep Jigsaws" option that controls whether jigsaw blocks in the resulting structure after using "Generate" will remain jigsaw blocks or be replaced by their "Turns Into" block.
- Defaults to "ON."
- Now have a 10% chance to "dance" after killing a hoglin.
- If they have a sword, they now raise it while aggressive.
- Added a new death message for being killed by an entity's wither skull projectile, "<player> was shot by a <entity>'s skull."
- Added new
- Contains all 8 fence gate types.
- Added new
- Contains the
- Blocks in this tag cannot support lanterns or bells on their bottom side even if they would otherwise be able to.
- Contains the
- Now follow the same placement rules as lanterns when being placed on the undersides of blocks. As a result they can now be hung from the bottom of the following blocks:
- Anvils (all stages)
- Brewing stands
- Ender chests
- End rods (facing up or down)
- Fences (all types)
- Flower pots (including potted objects)
- Glass panes (including stained)
- Grindstones (ceiling attached)
- Hoppers (downwards facing)
- Iron bars
- Mob heads
- Pistons (sideways facing extended)
- Trapped chests
- Walls (all types)
- Now drop food being cooked when put out with a shovel or water bottle.
- The hammer in the UI has been shifted to the left slightly, and the text has moved up.
- Now deal double the damage that normal campfires deal.
- Players can no longer mount another entity when the crouch key is held down.
- Now grow up and count down their breeding cool down when inside a beehive.
- No longer despawn when holding a block.
- Villager workstation logic changes.
- Villagers no longer try to work at the same workstation.
- When a workstation is placed, the most experienced nearby villager for that corresponding profession will get the workstation.
- Villagers now have to walk to and reach the workstation before they can acquire the profession/work there.
- Villagers will check and make sure their workstation is valid at all times of day as long as they are within 16 blocks of their workstation.
- The experience bar now accurately reflects how much experience villagers have and need.
- Clocks and compasses no longer function in the villager trading UI.
- When a villager that was traded with is struck by lightning, the witch it converts to will no longer despawn.
- Now hold their arms forward, similar to zombies.
- Texture has been tweaked.
- Now end in the top layer of the lava ocean instead of directly above it.
- Is no longer randomized across the same seed.
- Fossils no longer overlap desert temples.
- Intersecting dungeons no longer replace spawners with cobblestone.
- Fossils, ocean ruins, and dungeons no longer overlap end portals.
/clearnow works with items in the inventory crafting grid.
- The advancement "Bee Our Guest" can now be unlocked with both beehives and bee nests, instead of only beehives.
- Blackstone can now be used to repair stone tools.
- Minor optimizations in collision detection.
- Slightly changed datapack loading to prevent custom datapacks from crashing.
- If datapack reload fails, changes will not be applied and the game will continue using the previous data.
- Changes to datapack list are stored only after a successful reload.
- If existing datapacks prevents the world from loading, the game will give the option to load the world in safe mode, which only loads the vanilla datapack.
--safeModeoption for servers to only load the vanilla datapack.
- Game will now detect any critical datapack issues, such as required tags being missing, and prevent the world from being loaded.
- Whether or not a block requires a tool is now no longer a property of a material and is now assigned on a block-by-block basis.
- Cached repeated block type lookups and collisions during pathfinding for increased performance.
- Top-level element in predicate file can now be array (all contents will be
- Made experimental changes to graphics rendering.
- Added shader support for accessing the depth buffer.
- The renderer now uses per-pixel blending layers for some transparent elements.
- 124 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-667 – Lily pads can be placed intersecting entities.
- MC-4065 – Messages/commands sent while in a bed will not be remembered in sent history.
- MC-101374 – Endermen won't dodge melee attacks if the player isn't aiming at their head.
- MC-112131 – Intersecting dungeons: spawner replaced by cobblestone.
- MC-118594 – Removal of
Log4J2Plugins.datcausing a slowdown of 3 secs on startup while it has to rescan all classes.
- MC-120805 – Pig rotation is wrong when you see a player riding them with carrot on a stick.
- MC-121932 – Villager trade with same items but different NBT data.
- MC-124812 – Endermen holding a block can despawn.
- MC-125006 – Stronghold and dungeon generate over each other.
- MC-134637 – Comparators on slabs drop when loading them with structure blocks.
- MC-134755 – All short mobs drown just below the surface of water.
- MC-136760 – A passenger of a boat is not saved if the passenger is in a different chunk than the boat.
- MC-137102 – Hoe doesn't lose durability if used to mine blocks.
- MC-143443 – Redstone dust block states do not update properly if the wire is broken by a piston.
- MC-148893 – Fox spawners do not render the fox inside of the block.
- MC-150806 – Multiple villagers are attached to the same profession block.
- MC-153787 – Zombie reinforcements can spawn on glass.
- MC-156161 – Some chest loot is randomized across the same seed, unlike before 1.14.
- MC-156866 – Villagers level from Apprentice to Journeyman with less experience than shown by XP bar.
- MC-157303 – Villagers wake up and seek a new "home" (bed) while living in a 2 high house.
- MC-157436 – Player position is constantly reset when clicking with a sword or a trident onto the ground in creative mode.
- MC-161899 – Clouds do not render behind transparent blocks.
- MC-161917 – Particles do not render underwater, behind water or behind other transparent blocks.
- MC-162340 – World border is rendered behind transparent blocks.
- MC-162341 – World border is rendered behind clouds.
- MC-162346 – Clouds do not render behind transparent particles.
- MC-162428 – Rain and snow cannot be seen through transparent blocks.
- MC-162665 – Food does not drop from a campfire when it is put out with a shovel/water bottle.
- MC-163910 – Hand animation sometimes plays for a second time with high ping.
- MC-164047 – Moving transparent blocks cause transparent blocks behind them to not render.
- MC-164056 – Clouds do not render behind moving transparent blocks.
- MC-164111 – Transparent falling blocks make entities and block entities invisible.
- MC-164233 – "Skilled" villagers without job site do not get precedence over unemployed villagers.
- MC-165549 – Arm swing animation is still played when drinking an item.
- MC-165958 – Clouds, transparent blocks, and other semi-transparent textures do not render behind semi-transparent entities.
- MC-165962 – Some transparent items make transparent blocks and beacon beams not render behind them when dropped (again).
- MC-165966 – Shadows do not render behind experience orbs.
- MC-165968 – Transparent blocks do not render behind experience orbs.
- MC-166135 – Bees inside a nest/hive do not grow up or get their breeding timer reset.
- MC-166297 – Items do not render behind experience orbs.
- MC-166398 – Mobs do not render behind experience orbs.
- MC-166576 – Player head shakes when loading world in F5.
- MC-166717 – Block outlines/hitboxes render behind all translucent blocks and clouds.
- MC-166725 – Entity hitboxes render behind all translucent blocks and clouds.
- MC-166729 – Fishing lines render behind water, other transparent blocks, and clouds.
- MC-167039 – Right-clicking on a spawner with the same mob spawn egg as in spawner plays hand animation.
- MC-167090 – Entity hitboxes are rendered behind item frames.
- MC-167273 – Some special rendering blocks render in front of entity hitboxes.
- MC-167342 – Structure block outline renders behind clouds and translucent blocks.
- MC-168137 – Entities sometimes do not render behind semi-transparent entities.
- MC-168311 – Fishing line disappears when in front of entities and block entites.
- MC-168485 – Chests do not render behind experience orbs.
- MC-169079 – Held items do not render behind semi-transparent entities.
- MC-169683 – Bells cannot be hung from certain blocks that have a wide enough base.
- MC-169891 – Zombie reinforcements can spawn in regardless if light level is higher than 9 in nether (hard difficulty).
- MC-174404 – Arrows are rendered in front of the world border.
- MC-174932 – Right-to-left text appears left-to-right after game start until language is changed.
- MC-177075 – Taking product out of stonecutter produces no subtitle.
- MC-178441 – Endermen do not avoid the wither's skull projectiles.
- MC-178576 – Projectile protection has no effect on wither skulls, unlike ghast fireballs
- MC-181108 – Right-to-left text is displayed left-to-right at all times.
- MC-181827 – Northwest bias in bee movement.
- MC-182336 – Entities sometimes do not render behind the wither armor effect of the Wither.
- MC-182888 – Compasses and clocks work like normal in villager trading GUI.
- MC-183718 – Stronghold end portal can be overwritten by ocean ruins.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-171553 – Basalt can generate inside nether fortresses.
- MC-172079 – The
/clearcommand output does not count items in the inventory crafting grid.
- MC-172142 – Items are invisible while being picked up.
- MC-172197 – Nylium is not dropping netherrack when it is broken by pickaxe.
- MC-172272 –
/clearremoves all items from crafting grid regardless of item type.
- MC-172479 – Hoglins immediately attack invisible players.
- MC-172980 – Light does not propagate across chunk borders properly.
- MC-173032 – Fossils can overwrite the stronghold end portal.
- MC-173063 – Redstone wire does not update connections going up or down when being placed by commands.
- MC-173197 – Zombified piglin does not hold its arms upwards like a zombie.
- MC-173552 – Nether fossil support islands are sometimes cut off at chunk borders.
- MC-174307 – Nether fossils stop basalt pillars from generating.
- MC-174325 – Mushrooms or nether fungi can replace the stem of large nether fungi (trees).
- MC-174692 – Shroomlights, wart blocks and vines can overwrite the stem of large nether fungi.
- MC-174956 – Some entities behind the world border are rendered in front of it instead of behind it.
- MC-174957 – Held items are rendered in front of the world border.
- MC-175553 – Piglins do not drop their inventories when converted to zombified piglins.
- MC-176020 – If a player is riding a strider, other players can not see the animation of the strider.
- MC-176051 – Glowstone in the offhand sets spawn point and charges respawn anchor at the same time.
- MC-176147 – Basalt randomly gets cut off.
- MC-176628 – Frost Walker protects player from fire.
- MC-177150 –
Ticking entity java.lang.IllegalStateException: Tag minecraft:fireused before it was bound.
- MC-177265 – Piglin and zombified piglin right arm/leg/loincloth textures are identical to the left ones.
- MC-177626 – Spruce generation is broken.
- MC-177870 – Soul campfire does not deal twice the amount of damage as normal campfire.
- MC-177888 – Blackstone cannot be used to repair stone tools and weapons using an anvil.
- MC-177962 – Giant fungi can replace waterlogged blocks when growing.
- MC-177970 – Player can occasionally be forced into crawling in one block tall spaces.
- MC-178003 – Fossils can generate inside of desert temples.
- MC-179020 – Jigsaw blocks do not disappear post-gen when structure is spawned using the 'Generate' action from an initial jigsaw.
- MC-179890 – Fire stops ticking forever if gamerule doFireTick is set to false once.
- MC-179909 – 2×2 trees sometimes fail to grow, but if they grow, they always grow on the surface.
- MC-180098 – Farmer villagers' farming behavior is broken.
- MC-180771 – Observer not updating when tree grows leaves in front of it.
- MC-180877 – Fire does not spread from netherack to other blocks.
- MC-181464 – When a piglin picks up a shield the gear equip sound is infinitely spammed.
- MC-181529 – Ctrl + Pick Block no longer copies skull/head NBT data properly.
- MC-181555 – When replacing a snow layer with a grass block, podzol or mycelium, the block has the "snowy=true" blockstate.
- MC-182666 – Parity issue: Piglins do not have a dancing animation when celebrating their victory.
- MC-182919 – Horse armor stops rendering if you equip the horse with a saddle by right-clicking.
- MC-182967 – Throwing ender pearl whilst mounted does not teleport you.
- MC-183275 – Basalt pillars end above the lava in Java Edition but inside of the lava in Bedrock Edition.
- MC-183298 – Piglins crash game when reloaded if a block tag called within the piglin_repellents tag cannot be read.
- MC-183374 – Text on signs stops rendering while still in view.
- MC-183496 – Enchantment glint does not render in boat interior.
- MC-183808 – "Bee Our Guest" advancement does not trigger when harvesting honey from bee nests.
- MC-183860 – Zombie villager converted from villager gets
PersistenceRequireddepending on whether attacking zombie had it.
- MC-184482 – End gateways do not generate after defeating the ender dragon.
- From the previous development version
- MC-184609 – Text renders in the wrong order.
- MC-184619 – Piglins riding on other entities float.
- MC-184629 – Piglins riding on hoglins or other piglins automatically dismount them.
- MC-184640 – Only one piglin can ride on a boat while the other piglin dismounts the boat.
- MC-184730 – Crash:
java.lang.NullPointerException: mouseClicked event handler– Some Superflat presets crash immediately when trying to generate them.
- MC-184740 – Structures generated in previous versions are not recognized as valid structures, causing mobs not to spawn.
- MC-184778 – Redstone dust can be toggled between cross and dot in adventure mode.
- MC-184907 – [Crash] java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException - Some villages cause crashes.
- MC-184936 – Old Minecraft logo in the end poem/credits.
- MC-185141 – Opacity of the new Minecraft logo when fading in the main menu is inconsistent with other elements.
- MC-185156 – Worldgen settings are not validated and can cause crashes.
- Just like 20w07a, 20w22a came out on Friday, which almost never happens to the the first-of-the-week snapshot.
- 20w22a contained the largest number of bug fixes in a single snapshot, with at least 123, beating 19w14a by at least 18.
- The record for the most fixes in any development version is held by Java Edition 1.16 Pre-release 3, with 130 bugs.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 20w22a" – Minecraft.net, May 29, 2020