The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 20w21a
May 20, 2020
- Customized worlds
- Added experimental support for new custom worlds.
- The "Edit World" menu now has an option to export world settings to a JSON file.
- Previously exported world settings can be imported during world creation.
- Many new parameters are exposed but marked as experimental, meaning they can be used but may later be removed.
- client.json arguments
- Disables the receiving and sending of online chat.
- Added functionality to import/export world settings.
- Added a unused subtitle for traveling through a nether portal, "Portal noise fades".
- Added a subtitle for activating a nether portal, "Portal noise intensifies".
- Added a subtitle for cat purring, "Cat purrs".
- Added a subtitle for donkey eating, "Donkey eats".
- Added a subtitle for fox teleporting, "Fox teleports".
- Added subtitles for mules neighing and eating; "Mule neighs" and "Mule eats", respectively.
- Added subtitles for parrots imitating hoglins, piglins, and zoglins; "Parrot growls", "Parrot snorts", and "Parrot growls", respectively.
- Added subtitles for zombies attacking and breaking wooden doors; "Door shakes" and "Door breaks", respectively.
- Added subtitles for using cartography tables, looms, and stonecutters; "Map drawn", "Loom used", and "Stonecutter used", respectively.
- Several of these subtitles do not show up in game, but are specified in sounds.json.
- Right-clicking an isolated redstone toggles it between a cross and a dot.
- A dot of redstone does not power surrounding blocks, and a cross does.
- Redstone which is connected to anything is not toggleable.
- Now have a hardness of 1.
- Are now positioned in the center of the inventory slot as opposed to the bottom.
- No longer walk around when admiring golden items.
- If a piglin is hurt while admiring a gold ingot, the ingot now disappears without completing a barter.
- Increased the chance of ores to generate in the basalt deltas to balance against the reduced amount of netherrack in this biome.
- World types
- Structure names are now specified as lowercase.
- Added the ability to control the height.
/spreadplayers <center> <spreadDistance> <maxRange> under <maxHeight> <respectTeams> <targets>
maxHeightspecifies the maximum height for resulting positions.
- Lily pads are now considered junk fishing loot rather than treasure.
- Menu screens and splash
DimensionNBT tag is now a namespaced ID string instead of a number, which is used in player.dat.
- Obsidian platform now can get regenerated when a non-player entity enters the End through an end portal.
- Changed the subtitle for zombie villagers converting from "Zombie vociferates" to "Zombie Villager vociferates".
- Changed the subtitle for zombie villagers being cured from "Zombie snuffles" to "Zombie Villager snuffles".
- Changed the capitalization of "Blast furnace crackles" to "Blast Furnace crackles".
- Changed the capitalization of "Enchanting table used" to "Enchanting Table used".
- Changed the capitalization of "Respawn anchor is charged" to "Respawn Anchor is charged".
- Changed the capitalization of "Respawn anchor depletes" to "Respawn Anchor depletes".
- Changed the capitalization of "Respawn anchor sets spawn" to "Respawn Anchor sets spawn".
- Changed the capitalization of "Turtle egg breaks" to "Turtle Egg breaks".
- Changed the capitalization of "Turtle egg cracks" to "Turtle Egg cracks".
- Changed the capitalization of "Turtle egg hatches" to "Turtle Egg hatches".
- Removed the subtitle "Horse lands".
- Removed structure settings from flat level preset strings as it was broken due to the addition of customizable worlds.
- Removed wither roses from the
- Old customized worlds (from before Java Edition 1.13) now say "Old Customized" in the world selection screen.
- 45 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-51126 – Arrows disappear until the player relogs when they shoot them at low angles from a boat.
- MC-89361 – Player selectors fail finding player/Player is not correctly moved from the end to the nether.
- MC-91368 – Ender dragon taking damage from thorns in creative mode.
- MC-97247 – Map making sound uses equipment sound subtitle.
- MC-97507 – Using item which modifies the held item shows "Gear equips" subtitle.
- MC-107103 – Trying to interact with an entity 3 or more blocks away without seeing its eyes only interacts client-side.
- MC-113068 – Zombie banging on door subtitle is called "Block broken".
- MC-123155 – When any non-player entity enters an End portal the obsidian platform is not regenerated and the entity can fall into the void.
- MC-128658 – Nether and end biomes do not use correct blocks in Buffet world type.
- MC-147516 – Hostile mobs will sometimes stop attacking/following their target when directly next to it.
- MC-147691 – Enderman does not hit or damage the player if they keep standing still.
- MC-153319 – Result of UUID selector is nondeterministic.
- MC-166292 – Subtitle from foxes eating chorus fruit: "Player teleports".
- MC-167076 – Seagrass, sea pickles, and tall seagrass do not obscure direct sunlight when waterlogged.
- MC-169764 – Fish flopping sound shows both "Footsteps" and "Fish flops" subtitles.
- MC-177080 – Sounds for traveling through a portal have no subtitle.
- MC-177088 – Polar bear step sound does not have subtitles.
- MC-183249 – Carving mask
BitSetscreated for lower chunk statuses.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-170930 – Nether sprouts item not visible when held in the hand in first person.
- MC-172090 – Piglins would rather hold a golden item instead of a crossbow.
- MC-172207 – Parrots do not imitate hoglins, zoglins and piglins.
- MC-172255 – Piglins immediately dismount any entity that they are riding.
- MC-175656 – Piglins will keep gold ingots in their inventories if attacked while admiring them.
- MC-175989 – Strider sounds are not translated through in-game subtitles.
- MC-177438 – Turtle egg's name inconsistently capitalized across different subtitles.
- MC-177830 – Blackstone and basalt prevent ancient debris and other Nether ores from generating.
- MC-178130 – Zombie villagers are called "Zombie" in some subtitles.
- MC-178212 – Nether planks, their variants, and hyphae are harder than stems.
- MC-178298 – Ancient debris and nether gold ore cannot generate in basalt deltas.
- MC-180257 – Crash when setting
LodestonePosof compass to something other than NBT compound.
- MC-180852 – There is no space on the beacon's secondary power effects in the UI.
- MC-181270 – Trying to open old worlds (in Region format?) without version information in snapshots does not show warning screen.
- MC-181298 – Game crashes when trying to generate a Nether biome superflat world with ruined portals.
- MC-181439 – Player or dispenser using a bucket at world height limit will play bucket sound despite failing.
- MC-181463 – The buttons are not selected in the right order using Tab ↹ in the new world creation menus.
- MC-181499 – Buckets cannot be emptied into a source block, but still produce a sound when trying.
- MC-181511 – Chunks with redstone are removed.
- MC-181522 – Chunks that have not been explored since 1.13 are resetting.
- MC-181535 – Placing water with a dispenser facing a water source drops the bucket.
- MC-181611 – Vindicators stop attacking the player when they are standing really close to them.
- MC-182514 – 15 block states per sub-chunk limit during world upgrade.
- MC-182743 – Wither skeletons do not spawn inside of wither roses.
- MC-182912 – Piglins still do not change their current crossbow for a new enchanted one.
- MC-183786 – Named seeds that are not numbers are not being recognized.
- From the previous development version
- MC-183966 – Bonus chests generate on servers.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 20w21a" – Minecraft.net, May 20, 2020