The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 20w16a
April 15, 2020
- Generate in bastion remnants and ruined portals.
- Crafted using 2 iron nuggets and 1 iron ingot in a vertical line formation.
- Texture connects to those of the lantern and its soul variant.
- Added the "Pigstep" music disc, composed by Lena Raine.
- Generate in all Nether biomes, except basalt deltas.
- Four types of structures generate: Bridge, Hoglin Stables, Housing Units, and Treasure Room.
- Are the only source of the "Pigstep" music disc and piglin banner pattern.
- Piglins and hoglins spawn here.
- Spawners that spawn magma cubes can be found in bastion remnants.
- Shattered remains of nether portals.
- Generate in the Overworld and the Nether.
- Can be buried underground or underwater.
- A loot chest can be found beside the portal.
- Added new
- Contains all music discs except "Pigstep".
- Used to determine what music discs creepers can drop.
- Changed the texture of this block; the center now more closely resembles a skeleton or wither skeleton skull.
- Can now be found in ruined portals and bastion remnant loot chests, making it obtainable without bartering.
- Can now be found in bastions, making it obtainable in Survival.
- Added a button in the GUI that generates a jigsaw structure starting from the jigsaw block, using a given generation depth.
- Changed texture of the block; the bottom row of bricks has been shifted to the right about 1⁄4 of a block.
- Expanded the maximum size per axis from 32 to 48.
- The piglin banner pattern can now be found in bastions, making it obtainable in Survival.
- Changed the
music_discsitem tag to use the
creeper_drop_music_discsitem tag and the Pigstep music disc.
- 15 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-37557 – Sometimes a minecart sound plays/subtitle shown when loading a world.
- MC-91163 – Certain subtitles show up when the player is too far away to hear the sound.
- MC-99727 – Ghasts can be located using subtitles.
- MC-154617 – Server hangs on stop due to rcon.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-171020 – New Nether biomes do not work properly in buffet worlds.
- MC-175288 – Creating a warped forest superflat world with decorations freezes.
- MC-175919 – Villagers sometimes stop farming.
- MC-177136 – All compasses and lodestone compasses point to the same target, regardless of what type of compass it is.
- MC-177238 – Windows symbolic link in saves/ is no longer followed as of 20w14a.
- MC-177253 – Running a
java.lang.NullPointerExceptionif it contains an undefined attribute.
- MC-177316 – Lodestone compass in item frame does not update after turning.
- MC-177462 – Respawn anchor explodes client side.
- From the previous development version
- MC-177942 – Fortresses do not generate in basalt deltas.
- MC-177957 – Texture is not correct on the white quartz brick or on the polished quartz brick.
- MC-178368 – Lodestone compass does not point to its lodestone block when rotated in an item frame.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 20w16a" – Minecraft.net, April 15, 2020