The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Java Edition 20w14a
April 2, 2020
- Added zoglin spawn egg.
- Created when a hoglin is brought into the Overworld.
- Unlike hoglins, they can't be bred or fed, and they don't flee from warped fungus.
- Attack most mobs on sight, except for creepers and other zoglins.
- The compass now has
LodestoneTrackeddata fields. If
LodestoneTrackedis zero, the game will skip checking for a lodestone in the specified position.
- Compasses can now be enchanted with Curse of Vanishing.
- Now has 100 durability instead of 25.
- Takes 1 damage whenever the strider's speed is boosted.
- Now avoid zoglins in the same way they avoid zombified piglins.
- The advancements "Monster Hunter" and "Monsters Hunted" now include elder guardians, ender dragons, endermites, vexes, withers, and zoglins.
- Items and entities will no longer keep unknown attributes.
- Names of some attributes have been renamed to meet Namespaced ID requirements (i.e., lowercase separated by underscores instead of camel case).
- The main menu background is now in the Nether.
- Since this was an asset update, all of the 1.16 snapshots have the new backdrop.
- General statistics are now ordered alphabetically in the statistics menu.
- Added nether portals and respawn anchors to the
- World save files
- Region files are now opened in synchronous mode to increase prevent data loss and corruption after crash.
- Dedicated servers can disable that by changing
- Dedicated servers can disable that by changing
- 39 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-83039 – End City chests generate destroyed, items on the ground.
- MC-91893 – Missing subtitles for various sounds.
- MC-109248 – Extended piston head is not removed when
/setblockis used to place a different piston base.
- MC-115750 – Advancement "Monster Hunter" (
kill_a_mob) is not granted for killing certain hostile mobs.
- MC-116756 – Reversed and inconsistent subtitles for iron trapdoor.
- MC-124428 – Firework star crashes game if there is an int array but no colors.
- MC-125055 – Igloo generates with brewing stand and flower pot contents dropped (and placed).
- MC-127316 – General statistics out of order.
- MC-133049 – Compasses do not point to the correct location when in an item frame on the ground or on the ceiling.
- MC-135501 – Invalid tag inside another tag silently fails to reload data packs.
- MC-150405 – Client handling of unknown entity attributes is bugged.
- MC-150455 – Ignored lava hitbox level.
- MC-154427 – Villagers only pick up four stacks of items.
- MC-161128 – Piston head left behind when base is quickly broken and replaced.
- MC-164129 – Ender dragon inner hitboxes are rendered offset by approximately 200 blocks.
- MC-164446 – Tags do not load if one of their values is invalid, causing all data packs to unload.
- MC-167608 – Item frames are destroyed after respawning.
- MC-169975 – Highlight players (spectators) key does not affect any players other than the user.
- MC-175201 – Misrotated floor block in
- MC-176644 – Observers do not trigger when a fence connects to a newly grown tree.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-172069 – Piston arms are not deleted when the base of a pulsing piston is replaced with another piston.
- MC-173158 – Zombified piglin's overlay texture is not rendered.
- MC-173192 – Fluid collision is too high.
- MC-173684 – Spawning under the portal when using a nether portal.
- MC-173774 – Shulker bullets do not act as a projectile.
- MC-173875 – Item frames cannot be interacted with after unloading and reloading the chunk.
- MC-174231 – Ocelots are no longer spawning.
- MC-174838 – Target detection of fireworks is unreliable.
- MC-175434 – Fireworks launched from upwards-facing dispensers explode inside of the dispenser block.
- MC-175985 – Lodestone compass needle does not have animation.
- MC-175990 – Lodestone compass needle spins around quickly when the lodestone has been destroyed or is not in the same dimension.
- MC-176052 – Using a compass on a lodestone plays no hand animation.
- MC-176059 – Scoreboard criteria for using compasses does not increase score after using a compass on a lodestone.
- MC-176195 – Many mountable mobs and vehicles can still be shot by the rider's arrows.
- MC-176231 – Compasses with custom enchantments do not display enchantment glint.
- MC-176269 – Right-clicking lodestone with compass also uses offhand item.
- From the previous development version
- MC-176387 – Fishing rod can reel in vehicle of player.
- MC-176391 – Basalt can generate on nether trees.
- MC-176420 – Lodestone compass sound is in the friendly creatures option.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Unlike most of the first-of-the-week actual snapshots, this was released on a Thursday instead of Wednesday, similar to the snapshots before 14w26a.
- This is because an April Fools' joke snapshot Java Edition 20w14infinite is released on April 1, 2020, which is a Wednesday.
- "Minecraft Snapshot 20w14a" – Minecraft.net, April 2, 2020