Java Edition 20w14a
For the April Fool's joke snapshot released that week, see Java Edition 20w14∞.
April 2, 2020
- Added zoglin spawn egg.
- Created when a hoglin is brought into the Overworld.
- Unlike hoglins, they can't be bred or fed, and they don't flee from warped fungus.
- Attack most mobs on sight, except for creepers and other zoglins.
- The compass now has
LodestoneTrackeddata fields. If
LodestoneTrackedis zero, the game will skip checking for a lodestone in the specified position.
- Compasses can now be enchanted with Curse of Vanishing.
- Now has 100 durability instead of 25.
- Takes 1 damage whenever the strider's speed is boosted.
- Now avoid zoglins in the same way they avoid zombified piglins.
- The advancements "Monster Hunter" and "Monsters Hunted" now include elder guardians, ender dragons, endermites, vexes, withers, and zoglins.
- Items and entities will no longer keep unknown attributes.
- Names of some attributes have been renamed to meet Namespaced ID requirements (i.e., lowercase separated by underscores instead of camel case).
- The main menu background is now in the Nether.
- Since this was an asset update, all of the 1.16 snapshots have the new backdrop.
- General statistics are now ordered alphabetically in the statistics menu.
- Added nether portals and respawn anchors to the
- World save files
- Region files are now read/written in synchronous mode to help prevent data loss and corruption after crash.
- Dedicated servers can disable that by changing
- Dedicated servers can disable that by changing
- 39 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-83039 – End City chests generate destroyed, items on the ground.
- MC-91893 – Missing subtitles for various sounds.
- MC-109248 – Extended piston head is not removed when
/setblockis used to place a different piston base.
- MC-115750 – Advancement "Monster Hunter" (
kill_a_mob) is not granted for killing certain hostile mobs.
- MC-116756 – Reversed and inconsistent subtitles for iron trapdoor.
- MC-124428 – Firework star crashes game if there is an int array but no colors.
- MC-125055 – Igloo generates with brewing stand and flower pot contents dropped (and placed).
- MC-127316 – General statistics out of order.
- MC-133049 – Compasses do not point to the correct location when in an item frame on the ground or on the ceiling.
- MC-135501 – Invalid tag inside another tag silently fails to reload data packs.
- MC-150405 – Client handling of unknown entity attributes is bugged.
- MC-150455 – Ignored lava hitbox level.
- MC-154427 – Villagers only pick up four stacks of items.
- MC-161128 – Piston head left behind when base is quickly broken and replaced.
- MC-164129 – Ender dragon inner hitboxes are rendered offset by approximately 200 blocks.
- MC-164446 – Tags do not load if one of their values is invalid, causing all data packs to unload.
- MC-167608 – Item frames are destroyed after respawning.
- MC-169975 – Highlight players (spectators) key does not affect any players other than the user.
- MC-175201 – Misrotated floor block in
- MC-176644 – Observers do not trigger when a fence connects to a newly grown tree.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-172069 – Piston arms are not deleted when the base of a pulsing piston is replaced with another piston.
- MC-173158 – Zombified piglin's overlay texture is not rendered.
- MC-173192 – Fluid collision is too high.
- MC-173684 – Spawning under the portal when using a nether portal.
- MC-173774 – Shulker bullets do not act as a projectile.
- MC-173875 – Item frames cannot be interacted with after unloading and reloading the chunk.
- MC-174231 – Ocelots are no longer spawning.
- MC-174838 – Target detection of fireworks is unreliable.
- MC-175434 – Fireworks launched from upwards-facing dispensers explode inside of the dispenser block.
- MC-175985 – Lodestone compass needle does not have animation.
- MC-175990 – Lodestone compass needle spins around quickly when the lodestone has been destroyed or is not in the same dimension.
- MC-176052 – Using a compass on a lodestone plays no hand animation.
- MC-176059 – Scoreboard criteria for using compasses does not increase score after using a compass on a lodestone.
- MC-176195 – Many mountable mobs and vehicles can still be shot by the rider's arrows.
- MC-176231 – Compasses with custom enchantments do not display enchantment glint.
- MC-176269 – Right-clicking lodestone with compass also uses offhand item.
- From the previous development version
- MC-176387 – Fishing rod can reel in vehicle of player.
- MC-176391 – Basalt can generate on nether trees.
- MC-176420 – Lodestone compass sound is in the friendly creatures option.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Unlike most of the first-of-the-week actual snapshots, this was released on a Thursday instead of Wednesday, similar to the snapshots before 14w26a.
- This is because an April Fools' joke snapshot Java Edition 20w14infinite is released on April 1, 2020, which is a Wednesday.
- "Minecraft Snapshot 20w14a" – Minecraft.net, April 2, 2020