The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 20w07a
February 14, 2020
- Added the piglin spawn egg.
- Added baby hoglins.
- Spawn in crimson forests and nether wastes biomes.
- Randomly spawns with golden sword or crossbow.
- Adults are hostile; babies are passive.
- The player can barter with them by right-clicking with golden ingots or drop them on the ground, which makes them drop at least one item or block.
- Common barters (10⁄109 or about 9.17%) are 1–4 soul sand, 1–4 brown mushrooms, 1–4 red mushrooms, 1–4 crimson fungi, 1–4 nether bricks, 3–8 flint, or 4–12 rotten flesh.
- Uncommon barters (5⁄109 or about 4.59%) are 1 shroomlight, 1 fire charge, 4–12 gravel, 2–5 porkchops, 2–7 leather, or 1–2 warped fungi.
- Rare barters (2⁄109 or about 1.83%) are 2–4 glowstone dust, 1–3 magma cream, or 2–4 ender pearls.
- Very rare barters (1⁄109 or about 0.92%) are 1 warped nylium, 1–4 quartz, or 1 obsidian.
- Attack adult hoglins sometimes.
- Baby piglins do not attack and adult piglins will not attack baby hoglins.
- Attack wither skeletons.
- Avoid soul fire, soul fire torches, soul fire lanterns, and zombie pigmen.
- Prefer to hunt and fight in groups.
- Will convert to a zombie pigman when in the Overworld.
- Added block tag
- Added block tag
- Added block tag
- Added item tag
- Added text which was missing for a death message and was displaying a raw translation string - what it says exactly is unknown.
- Added the zombified piglin entity texture.
- Added the leather, chainmail, iron, golden, diamond and netherite helmet textures used for piglins.
- Netherite blocks can be used as the base of a beacon and netherite ingots can be used as the fuel for a beacon.
- Now have an animated texture.
- Removed the wood colors from the texture.
- Changed the texture of the hoglin spawn egg.
- Using a spawn egg on a mob that doesn't have a baby variant now spawns an adult of that mob type.
- Attack players on sight.
- Drop pork and sometimes leather.
- Breed when fed crimson fungi.
- Are hunted by adult piglins sometimes.
- Are not hunted by baby piglins and baby hoglins are not hunted at all.
- Move away from placed warped fungi.
- Have new sounds.
- Can now be summoned using soul soil in the base.
- Piglins and hoglins will now count towards the Monster Hunter and Monsters Hunted advancements.
- 37 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-64871 – Cannot sleep while on fire, even with fire resistance.
- MC-65951 – Armor stands fall through fences.
- MC-75328 –
/cleardoes not clear items in the inventory crafting grid.
- MC-79944 – Various statistics overflow at 32-bit integer limit.
- MC-89043 – Slime blocks moved by pistons often fail to bounce up the player.
- MC-93813 – Snow golems throwing snowballs play arrow shooting sound.
- MC-94094 – Snow golems do not drop their pumpkin when sheared.
- MC-94730 – Endermen become passive when teleporting randomly during the day while being aggressive.
- MC-123453 – Armor stands can't be placed in a 1 block high space if the
Small:1b" is set.
- MC-132967 – Mushrooms show as green dots on map.
- MC-133088 – Missing translation string
- MC-135034 – Burning mobs are extinguished by snow in cold biomes, but not in snowy biomes.
- MC-136063 – Incorrect spacing for "
- MC-148067 – Snow golems are damaged by snowfall in mountain and cold biomes.
- MC-155977 – Enchanting a book makes the book lose its name.
- MC-159672 – Vex will occasionally try to attack the player in creative/spectator.
- MC-160053 – Enderman keeps following the player after becoming neutral/passive.
- MC-166245 – No sound for shearing snow golems.
- MC-167561 – All players can make a dog stand up or sit down.
- MC-167692 – Infested blocks do not spawn silverfish when blown up.
- MC-172025 – Several misrotated blocks in
- From the previous development version
- MC-170816 – Debug pie chart freezes in place when closing the F3 menu and stays there.
- MC-170846 – Stacked walls create pillars when they should not, depending on the order of placement.
- MC-170848 – Hoglin and zombie pigman spawn eggs look identical.
- MC-170849 – Hoglin's hitbox is way too small.
- MC-170852 – Breaking a warped or crimson doors drops two items in Survival mode.
- MC-170853 – Cannot spawn baby hoglin using spawn eggs on adult hoglin.
- MC-170862 – Soul "lights" do not update walls.
- MC-170869 – Soul fire lantern animation missing.
- MC-170881 – Fire does not burn items.
- MC-170886 – Alt+F3 debug graph no longer functions.
- MC-170899 – Netherite cannot power beacons.
- MC-170939 – Walls do not create pillars with string or tripwire above.
- MC-170951 – Cannot teleport entities outside of the world.
- MC-171023 – Walls do not stack properly in some directions when placed next to blocks.
- MC-171211 – Observers no longer detect a piston base starting to retract.
- MC-171333 – Killing a hoglin does not grant the Monster Hunter or Monsters Hunted advancements.
Video made by slicedlime:
- 20w07a was released on a Friday, which almost never happens with a first snapshot.
- "Minecraft Snapshot 20w07a" – Minecraft.net, February 14, 2020