The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 19w40a
October 2, 2019
- Lighting of blocks in the inventory is once again darker on the right, as it was before 19w39a; however, inventory models are now brighter than before.
- 43 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.15
- MC-36716 – Square enchantment glint is shown on advancements screen and toast popups.
- MC-49203 – Rendering depth of beacon and ender chest in superflat preview is wrong.
- MC-69302 – Non-trivial blocks on the achievements screen/advancement tabs are rendered in the wrong order.
- MC-79867 – Guardian beam brightens nearby entities.
- MC-89996 –
hoverEventchanges lighting for displayed block of minecart and end crystal.
- MC-98308 – Armor opacity/transparency doesn't work correctly.
- MC-108893 – Standing in a chunk with an end crystal with a beam target causes entity shading to render incorrectly.
- MC-134865 – Normal text between obfuscated text can flicker as well.
- MC-148107 – Ominous banners render differently in advancement ui and toast.
- MC-153298 – Wandering traders can spawn inside small spaces, such as farms.
- MC-158843 – Mobs can no longer spawn on jack o' lanterns and redstone lamps.
- MC-161902 – Game crashes when a turtle ridden by an illager enters water.
- From the 1.15 development versions
- MC-159843 – Exploded bee nests/bee hives does not release bees and does not keep them inside the block.
- MC-160499 – Baby bees suffocate when against a solid block ceiling.
- MC-160586 – Bees enter the burning nest or hive.
- MC-160589 – Bees will not escape from the burning nest or hive.
- MC-160590 – Bees do not leave their nest or hive when the nest or hive is destroyed by flames.
- MC-160887 – Right-clicking an adult mule with spawn egg does not spawn baby mule.
- MC-161388 – Drowned are brighter when holding fishing rod and nautilus shell
- MC-161646 – Holding certain items, such as a banner, makes the elytra/cape get darker.
- MC-161719 – Pigs (and probably other entities) have a wierd shading issue when in 3rd person toggle.
- From the previous development version
- MC-161831 – Some blocks/entities are rendered transparent when looking at them from certain angles.
- MC-161836 – Map texture transparency is not handled correctly when looking at it in first-person mode.
- MC-161843 – Flat inventory items render too dark in GUI.
- MC-161851 – Block animations are way too fast.
- MC-161852 – End portal and end gateway texture is rendered offset.
- MC-161853 – Breaking animation is rotated and positioned incorrectly and will follow the player's mouse cursor.
- MC-161858 – Turtles have a broken model; legs are completely detached from the body.
- MC-161871 – Programmer art enchantment glint has not been updated to the new resource pack format.
- MC-161877 – Mipmap levels are not handled correctly/flickering leaves and other blocks.
- MC-161879 – Hitbox of transparent blocks, such as slime blocks, stained glass or ice, appears behind the block texture.
- MC-161882 – Game crashes when player model is rendered after the player is stung by a bee.
- MC-161887 – Glowing effect does not respect texture transparency.
- MC-161894 – Hitboxes render behind portals, water, and shulker boxes.
- MC-161905 – Sign text glows in the dark.
- MC-161908 – Programmer art chest textures have not been updated to the new resource pack format.
- MC-161909 – Programmer art banner pattern textures have not been updated to the new resource pack format.
- MC-161916 – If the player is inside of a block, that block is no longer rendered.
- MC-161931 – Lower player model not showing while in a boat.
- MC-161934 – Spawn eggs are incorrectly colored when held in the hand.
- MC-161946 – Baby polar bear model is broken.
- MC-161995 – Baby panda model is completely broken.
- MC-162054 – Glowing effect also applies to the blocks below the affected mob.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 19w40a" – Minecraft.net, October 2, 2019