Java Edition 19w40a
October 2, 2019
- Lighting of blocks in the inventory is once again darker on the right, as it was before 19w39a; however, inventory models are now brighter than before.
- 42 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.15
- MC-49203 – Rendering depth of beacon and ender chest in superflat preview is wrong.
- MC-69302 – Non-trivial blocks on the achievements screen/advancement tabs are rendered in the wrong order.
- MC-79867 – Guardian beam brightens nearby entities.
- MC-89996 –
hoverEventchanges lighting for displayed block of minecart and end crystal.
- MC-98308 – Armor opacity/transparency doesn't work correctly.
- MC-108893 – Standing in a chunk with an end crystal with a beam target causes entity shading to render incorrectly.
- MC-134865 – Normal text between obfuscated text can flicker as well.
- MC-148107 – Ominous banners render differently in advancement ui and toast.
- MC-153298 – Wandering traders can spawn inside small spaces, such as farms.
- MC-158843 – Mobs can no longer spawn on jack o' lanterns and redstone lamps.
- MC-161902 – Game crashes when a turtle ridden by an illager enters water.
- From the 1.15 development versions
- MC-159843 – Exploded bee nests/bee hives does not release bees and does not keep them inside the block.
- MC-160499 – Baby bees suffocate when against a solid block ceiling.
- MC-160586 – Bees enter the burning nest or hive.
- MC-160589 – Bees will not escape from the burning nest or hive.
- MC-160590 – Bees do not leave their nest or hive when the nest or hive is destroyed by flames.
- MC-160887 – Right-clicking an adult mule with spawn egg does not spawn baby mule.
- MC-161388 – Drowned are brighter when holding fishing rod and nautilus shell
- MC-161646 – Holding certain items, such as a banner, makes the elytra/cape get darker.
- MC-161719 – Pigs (and probably other entities) have a wierd shading issue when in 3rd person toggle.
- From the previous development version
- MC-161831 – Some blocks/entities are rendered transparent when looking at them from certain angles.
- MC-161836 – Map texture transparency is not handled correctly when looking at it in first-person mode.
- MC-161843 – Flat inventory items render too dark in GUI.
- MC-161851 – Block animations are way too fast.
- MC-161852 – End portal and end gateway texture is rendered offset.
- MC-161853 – Breaking animation is rotated and positioned incorrectly and will follow the player's mouse cursor.
- MC-161858 – Turtles have a broken model; legs are completely detached from the body.
- MC-161871 – Programmer art enchantment glint has not been updated to the new resource pack format.
- MC-161877 – Mipmap levels are not handled correctly/flickering leaves and other blocks.
- MC-161879 – Hitbox of transparent blocks, such as slime blocks, stained glass or ice, appears behind the block texture.
- MC-161882 – Game crashes when player model is rendered after the player is stung by a bee.
- MC-161887 – Glowing effect does not respect texture transparency.
- MC-161894 – Hitboxes render behind portals, water, and shulker boxes.
- MC-161905 – Sign text glows in the dark.
- MC-161908 – Programmer art chest textures have not been updated to the new resource pack format.
- MC-161909 – Programmer art banner pattern textures have not been updated to the new resource pack format.
- MC-161916 – If the player is inside of a block, that block is no longer rendered.
- MC-161931 – Lower player model not showing while in a boat.
- MC-161934 – Spawn eggs are incorrectly colored when held in the hand.
- MC-161946 – Baby polar bear model is broken.
- MC-161995 – Baby panda model is completely broken.
- MC-162054 – Glowing effect also applies to the blocks below the affected mob.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 19w40a" – Minecraft.net, October 2, 2019