Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
January 9, 2019
19w02a is the thirteenth snapshot for Java Edition 1.14, released on January 9, 2019, the first of the year. It adds the campfire block, the teammsg command, functionality for the cartography table and lectern, new block interaction statistics and a loading animation when loading a world.
- Decorative fireplace without fire spread.
- Does not burn items.
- Crafted with a piece of coal or charcoal, sticks and logs, stripped logs, wood or stripped wood.
- Cooks up to four food items, but 3 times slower than a furnace (30 seconds).
- Right-click with food item to place food on campfire.
- Food item pops off when cooked.
- Emits a new type of particle, a smoke signal that can be seen from a longer distance than normal particles.
- The particles can travel through blocks.
- Placing a hay bale below the campfire causes the smoke particles to stay longer and rise higher.
- Emits a light level of 9.
- Can be put out using a water bucket.
- Extinguishing a campfire pops off any food item on it, but the items can then not be picked up.
- Can be re-lit with flint and steel, but not other fire sources like fire charges.
- Repeatedly deals 1 damage when walked on.
- Sneaking on a campfire prevents damage.
- General syntax:
/teammsg <message>Sends <message> to all players on the team of the player who runs the command. Available to all players on a team.
- Clicking the team name opens a new
- Two new particle types:
- "campfire" type recipes for adding custom campfire recipes.
- Added 4 new statistics:
- "Interactions with Blast Furnace"
- "Interactions with Campfire"
- "Interactions with Lectern"
- "Interactions with Smoker"
- World generation
- Added a loading animation when loading a world.
- Visualizes the rendering of the spawn chunks.
- Can now be crafted from planks and paper.
- UI visualizes the function of the recipes.
- Allows cloning, extending, and locking of maps.
- Locking can be done with a glass pane to prevent modifying them.
- Can now be crafted from slabs and bookshelves.
- Right-click empty lectern to place book.
- Right-click lectern with book to open.
- Multiple people can read the book without having the item.
- Current page is persistent and shared between all readers.
- Book can be removed from it.
- Emits redstone pulses when page is changed.
- Redstone comparators can be used to get book reading progress.
- Now hostile again.
- Changed appearance back to normal.
- 33 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.14
- MC-73604 – Spectator can interact with beacon.
- MC-88326 – Other players' items are dropped when closing beacon interface while they are choosing an effect.
- MC-92759 – Luck and bad luck don't work with double chests.
- MC-93483 – Spectators opening Loot Table double chests will generate the items inside.
- MC-117711 – "Snowy Kingdom" superflat preset arguments include villages despite them being unable to generate in ice plains.
- MC-124934 – Superflat villages don't have grass paths.
- MC-126184 – Luck doesn't work with shulker box.
- MC-132925 – Using .png and .ttf fonts together slows client down significantly
- MC-135764 – Incorrect plural in stat.minecraft.clean_shulker_box's translation value.
- From the 1.14 development versions
- MC-137532 – Loom does not update preview when changing dyes.
- MC-137647 – Firework rockets fired from crossbow slide across the ground.
- MC-138541 – Taming a wolf, horse, llama or parrot gives the "A Complete Catalogue" advancement.
- MC-138577 – Lectern have a strange / incomplete collision-box.
- MC-139991 – When witch was spawned by the witch hut, command or spawn egg, it will not actively attack the players.
- MC-140049 – Illager patrol leader lacks the illager banner on the head, when it was spawned in the raid.
- MC-140238 – No villages generating in superflat.
- MC-140322 – Grindstone are resistant to any explosion.
- MC-140594 – Raid bar will disappear after being filled in snowy villages.
- MC-140790 – Multiplayer server crash at end of raids.
- MC-140944 – Summoning illager near a villager while a second wave raid is loading at the same time causes a fatal ticking entity crash.
- MC-141019 – When appending list entries in another list, the entries get appended in reverse order.
- MC-141393 – Skeleton riding a turtle or parrot crashes the game.
- From the previous development version
- MC-140918 – The player can still
/locatethe original villages.
- MC-140946 – Witch new texture (cap) goes through witch's hat.
- MC-140953 – Recipe toasts for smoker/blast furnace use crafting table icon.
- MC-140959 – small_fireball entity ID is broken.
- MC-140982 – Bell has no animation when used by another player.
- MC-140986 – Comparator does not detect items in barrels.
- MC-141360 – Evokers/vindicators/illusioners/pillagers have a gap between their legs.
- MC-141383 – Missing translation strings for statistics.
- MC-141483 – Changing the render distance can cause chunks to stay loaded.
- MC-141533 – Incorrect advancements background textures.
- MC-141603 – Fences, walls, glass panes and iron bars diffuse/filter skylight.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 19w02a" – Minecraft.net, January 9, 2019