Java Edition 18w19a
May 8, 2018
- Separated some of the logic for blocks and fluids.
- Current fluids:
- The fluid at a location is currently dependent on the block at the location; currently there still are water and lava blocks.
- Current fluids:
- Added two new fluid tags:
- This system is mostly internal; it cannot be directly interacted with yet
- New generation type: "Caves".
- Creates Nether-like generation.
- Block IDs
- Changed names and IDs of several blocks:
Old Name New Name
Tall Sea Grass
Old ID New ID
- Changed turtle egg inventory item texture.
- Phantom spawn eggs now look more like the mob's updated texture.
- Now generates in buried treasure chests (as stacks of 1).
- Item IDs
- Changed names of several items:
Old Name New Name
Puffer Fish Bucket
- All undead mobs (except for zombie horses) now sink.
- Husks will morph into zombies after a while if they are in water.
- Skeleton horses are now rideable underwater.
- Now flap their wings smoother and faster.
- Will now drop experience.
- If dolphins start drowning, they will now swim to the surface.
- Can now spawn on top of ice.
- Changed the name and ID of the pufferfish mob:
|Old Name||New Name|
|Old ID||New ID|
- Due to changes in world generation, worlds from previous snapshots will no longer work.
- Seagrass now generates in underwater caves.
- The output of the
/seedcommand can now be copied.
- Improved the upgrade paths from old versions.
- Updated the credits list.
- Will now float up in water.
- The F3 menu now shows the biome ID, rather than name.
- Changed the names of several biomes:
Namespaced ID Old name New name
Mushroom Island Shore
Mushroom Field Shore
Extreme Hills Edge
Cold Taiga Hills
Snowy Taiga Hills
Giant Tree Taiga
Mega Taiga Hills
Giant Tree Taiga Hills
Mesa Forest Plateau
Wooded Badlands Plateau
The End - Floating island
Small End Islands
The End - Medium island
The End - High island
The End - Barren island
Warm Deep Ocean
Deep Warm Ocean
Lukewarm Deep Ocean
Deep Lukewarm Ocean
Cold Deep Ocean
Deep Cold Ocean
Frozen Deep Ocean
Deep Frozen Ocean
Mutated Extreme Hills
Ice Plains Spikes
Mutated Jungle Edge
Modified Jungle Edge
Mutated Birch Forest
Tall Birch Forest
Mutated Birch Forest Hills
Tall Birch Hills
Mutated Roofed Forest
Dark Forest Hills
Mutated Cold Taiga
Snowy Taiga Mountains
Mega Spruce Taiga
Giant Spruce Taiga
Mutated Redwood Taiga Hills
Giant Spruce Taiga Hills
Mutated Extreme Hills+
Mutated Savanna Plateau
Shattered Savanna Plateau
Mutated Mesa Forest Plateau
Modified Wooded Badlands Plateau
Mutated Mesa Plateau
Modified Badlands Plateau
- 99 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.13
- MC-7908 – Spawning underwater / In the middle of an (lava) ocean
- MC-86016 – Some Mojang staff not mentioned in credits.txt
- MC-118072 – Redwood Taiga Hills M Biome misnamed
- From the 1.13 development versions
- MC-121285 – Crash on start when resolution is changed in profile
- MC-121636 – Server commands available in singleplayer with weird/bad effects
- MC-121661 – Typing
/help + unavailable commandreturns "unexpected error" message
- MC-121799 – Cannot summon lightning bolt
- MC-121999 – Incorrect
/helpbehavior for non-ops
- MC-122557 – Setting the
sizeparameter for the dust particle to
0or very close to it crashes the game
- MC-122596 – Command autocomplete overrides command history navigation
- MC-122630 –
/helpno longer prefixes "/" to commands
- MC-122632 –
/helpentries for subcommands do not print main command prefix
- MC-123053 – Game crashes when using an item with a tag in the
- MC-123606 – Server crash: Ticking entity 'java.lang.ClassCastException: ass cannot be cast to aui'
- MC-123778 – Team color doesn't work in playerlist and sidebar before reconnecting
- MC-123813 – Team colors no longer show in json results
- MC-123835 – Colored sidebar display slots are not visible
- MC-123852 – Glowing effect doesn't change depending on team color
- MC-123856 – Clicking [Intentional Game Design] on death screen doesn't open a link to MCPE-28723
- MC-124091 – Team color doesn't affect name above head
- MC-124092 – Some team options don't work
- MC-124098 – jeb_ sheep don't change color
- MC-124102 – Book signing shows the author name as string representation of the textcomponent
- MC-124147 – Zombie horses are invisible and replaced with regular zombies on reload
- MC-124237 – Command syntax help doesn't clamp to the right chat line border
- MC-124560 – Server says "type help or ?" but
?is not a valid command anymore
- MC-124633 – Feedback text for "
/team option seeFriendlyInvisibles false" when
seeFriendlyInvisiblesis already disabled is wrong
- MC-124720 – Cannot start server with GUI
- MC-124750 –
/particleacting strangely across dimensions
- MC-124889 – You cannot shift click smeltable items into a furnace
- MC-124894 – Chests and dispenser don't spawn in structures on superflat worlds
- MC-124895 – Trees generate side by side
- MC-124898 – Minerals tab in furnace recipe book displays apple item
- MC-124949 – Tree generating in village house and as part of field
- MC-124956 – Furnace recipe book availability toggle has wrong tooltip ("Showing craftable")
- MC-125060 – Furnace recipe book availability toggle has crafting table icon
- MC-125107 – Mineshafts don't generate support blocks when a block is above it
- MC-125115 – Command suggestions don't order numbers from least to greatest
- MC-125130 – Selector auto-completion tooltips mixed up
- MC-125174 – Ore pockets do not generate in superflat worlds
- MC-125232 – Phantoms attack players in peaceful mode
- MC-125258 – Preparing spawn area spams 0%
- MC-125283 – Jungle Biomes are extremely cluttered
- MC-125381 – Effects from the turtle master potion don't show amplifier
- MC-125442 – Extreme Lag in Jungle Biome
- MC-125466 – Fishing drops don't come towards player
- MC-125550 – Experience orbs don't float up in water
- MC-125607 – Going inside of bubble columns in spectator mode plays bubble column sound
- MC-125803 –
NoGravityno longers works on items
- MC-125872 – Superflat preset "the void" doesn't generate starting platform anymore
- MC-125915 – Zombies can destroy turtle eggs through a full block and a half above the egg
- MC-125946 – Phantoms can spawn inside/colliding with blocks
- MC-125997 – Deep Frozen Ocean isn't frozen
- MC-126086 – Salmon and tropical fish hitbox on land is wrongly positioned
- MC-126139 – The fins of dying cod and some tropical fish show z-fighting
- MC-126178 – Can use the water (with fish) bucket to destroy kelp, sea grass, coral and coral fan
- MC-126190 – Salmon mobs often get stuck
- MC-126198 – Only players are poisoned by pufferfish
- MC-126218 – Held turtle eggs are too low in first person
- MC-126261 – Turtle Egg Placement
- MC-126362 – Shift-clicking fuel into non-empty furnaces only moves fuel client-side
- MC-126380 – Getting an uncarved pumpkin gives recipe for jack o' lantern
- MC-126656 – Bubble columns made by Soul Sand only appear every other block
- MC-126734 – A tree inside which a village house generated generated without its trunk, possibly missing some leaves
- MC-126762 – Red screen when player attack invalid tropical fish variant
- MC-126800 – The tropical fish item is named "clownfish".
- MC-126815 – Banner and treasure markers on maps show incorrect icons in multiplayer
- MC-126859 – Polar bears and rabbits not spawning in Ice Plains
- MC-126950 – Riding floating boats underwater
- MC-127069 – huge phantom crash
- MC-127166 – Parrots don't imitate dolphins, phantoms and drowned
- MC-127253 – F3+Q list isn't sorted alphabetically anymore
- MC-127291 – Zombies drowning always drop armor items instead of using random chance
- MC-127295 – Zombies can gain tridents or fishing rods when they drown
- MC-127337 – F3+C (copy coordinates) does not copy dimension
- MC-127388 – Pufferfish appear with their most inflated model after world load
- MC-127516 – Duplication and deletion of ingredients, inventory desync and game freezing caused by faulty handling of firework star recipe
- MC-127593 – Waterlogged blocks such as fence sign ladder etc, will not allow bubble columns to spawn next to them
- MC-127924 – Slow falling is considered a negative effect
- MC-127969 – Sea grass doesn't generate correctly above stairs
- MC-127998 – You cannot place sea pickles on top of non solid blocks
- MC-127999 – Glitching in sea pickles when standing on them while placing the fourth one in the block
- MC-128039 – New Phantom skins do not match spawning egg colors
- MC-128242 – Leaving water while swimming causes player's arm to render out of screen
- MC-128264 – Mobs can spawn on regular ice
- MC-128285 – Dolphins summoned with
NoAItake damage and die
- MC-128336 – Kelp spawns on trapdoors, stairs, slabs and chests on sunken ships
- MC-128463 – The "How Did We Get Here" advancement does not require Conduit Power
- MC-128557 – Drowning dolphins don't swim to the surface.
- From the previous development version
- MC-128666 – Flowing water above magma blocks turns into bubble columns
- MC-128674 – Buffet end island puts you in the void
- MC-128712 – Phantoms don't drop experience when killed by player
- MC-128733 – The ice block tag is missing
- MC-128766 – Blue ice doesn't mine fast using pickaxe
- MC-128779 – "Debug Mode" comes before "Buffet" in the world creation menu
- MC-128857 – Sea pickles change hitbox when increasing count, but turtle eggs don't
- MC-129143 – The F3 menu shows the translated biome name, rather than ID.
- Private issues
- MC-122684 – Connected LAN players are able to kick/ban the server host
- MC-127274 – F3+C to copy coordinates works even when reduced debug info is enabled
Video made by slicedlime:
- Unlike most of the first-of-the-week snapshots, this was released on a Tuesday instead of Wednesday.
- "Minecraft Snapshot 18w19a" – Minecraft.net, May 8, 2018
- "Trying to extract parts of BlockState into StateHolder<T> and turn BlockStateDefinition into StateDefinition<T> so I can use the same system for liquids" – @Dinnerbone, April 20, 2018