(Redirected from Java Edition 18w14a)
April 4, 2018
- Brewed with phantom membrane
- Gives the player the Slow Falling status effect for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Can be extended to 4 minutes by brewing with redstone.
- Brewing it with gunpowder or dragon's breath will create a splash or lingering potion, respectively.
- Effects the shot mob with the Slow Falling status effect.
- Slow Falling
- Causes the player to descend at a much slower rate, and not take any damage when hitting the ground.
- This allows the player to jump further than normal.
- If the player is sprinting while under the Slow Falling status effect, they will be able to jump across a gap of over 5.5 blocks, compared to 4 with normal sprinting.
- Crops will not get destroyed if the player lands on them with the Slow Falling status effect.
- Higher levels do not change the rate of descent.
- Added 4 new advancements:
- Fishy Business: 'Catch a fish'
- Tactical fishing: 'Catch a fish... without a fishing rod!'
- A Throwaway Joke: 'Throw a trident at something'
- Very Very Frightening: 'Strike a Villager with lightning'
- Added three new advancement triggers
minecraft:fishing_rod_hookedtriggers when a player reels in an item or entity.
minecraft:channeled_lightningtriggers when a player uses the Channeling enchantment to strike a mob.
minecraft:filled_buckettriggers when a player fills a bucket.
- Now gives a warning before forcing a debug crash.
- Changed texture.
- Now requires phantom membrane to be repaired instead of leather.
- Now drop phantom membrane instead of leather.
- Changed generation rules:
- Kelp cannot generate in warm oceans.
- Seagrass can generate in rivers and swamps.
- No longer compatible with Loyalty or Channeling.
- If the player is not in water and it is not raining, the player is no longer able to throw tridents enchanted with Riptide, but they still deal melee damage.
- Riptide will not throw the trident but instead launch the player forwards.
- Players now display a spinning animation when dashing.
- Optimized cloud rendering.
- 9 issues fixed
- From the 1.13 development versions
- MC-124114 – Parrots are not visible on the shoulders
- MC-125222 – Kelp can sometimes generate with two tops
- MC-125311 – Kelp (non-top block), tall sea grass, and bubble columns are missing the translation strings
- MC-125371 – Kelp (top) isn't an "X" like texture
- MC-125617 – Kelp can be placed on transparent and non-full blocks
- MC-125657 – Kelp top texture is always pointing right
- MC-126633 – Falling block over Kelp or Seagrass drop as items
- From the previous development version
- MC-127297 – Holding down F3+C spams "Copied location to clipboard"
- MC-127338 – F3+C (copy coordinates) uses @p instead of @s
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 18w14a" – Minecraft.net, April 4, 2018