Java Edition 17w49a
December 6, 2017
- Items and blocks can now be "tagged" with an ID.
- Block tags can be used when testing for blocks in the world.
- Items tags can be used when testing for items in inventories.
- Tags are created using data packs in
- For example:
- This will create a block tag called
- The json file contains a list of all blocks that should be "tagged".
- For example:
- There are two default tags for both the item form and the block form:
minecraft:woolfor all wool blocks and
minecraft:planksfor all wood plank blocks.
- Recipes can now refer to a tag instead of an item.
- 40 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.13
- MC-36191 – Missing stat.mineBlock for various blocks (mob spawners, cauldrons, beds, etc.).
- MC-98823 – Tipped arrows do not have a stat.craftItem statistic.
- MC-99321 – Hoppers cannot pull items from double chests if second chest is blocked.
- From the 1.13 development versions
- MC-121631 – Taking items from the creative inventory search tab no longer resets search text.
- MC-121632 – Pressing "chat" key selects search in creative inventory/recipe book and types the letter.
- MC-121648 – "Difficulty" in settings is untranslated and lowercase.
- MC-121665 – Key "None" display string as "key.keyboard.-1".
- MC-121705 – Cursor is offset from actual mouse location when opening GUIs while moving mouse.
- MC-121709 – Clickable area to sort statistics menu are not in the right place
- MC-121714 – Unable to save screenshot of PNG format.
- MC-121718 – The player cannot select the spectator menu.
- MC-121808 – Command argument validation for single entity says player in some error messages.
- MC-121873 – Dark background missing from beacon GUI.
- MC-122148 – No Block, Item, Mob, GUI, or any other texture renders -- No sounds play.
- MC-122173 – Creating scoreboard objectives for stats is impossible due to the ":".
- MC-122270 – Pushing blocks with connections doesn't update them.
- MC-122295 – Backups folder is created outside of the server directory when using a dedicated server.
- MC-122309 – '
/gamerule gameLoopFunction' does not tab complete function names.
- MC-122314 – All maps created in earlier versions are now the same.
- MC-122355 – Crash on breaking banner: java.lang.ClassCastException: arw cannot be cast to aru.
- MC-122383 – Pre-existing chests invisible, overlapping.
- MC-122395 – Custom player heads are called "block.minecraft.player_headnamed".
- MC-122410 – ⇧ Shift + Tab ↹ doesn't go backwards in tab-completion list.
- MC-122521 – Damaged anvil always turns to the North.
- MC-122536 – "set_nbt" function in loot table does not merge NBT to item.
- MC-122558 – Health criteria scoreboard objectives do not use hearts to display value anymore.
- MC-122573 – Crash due to carpet and sticky pistons.
- MC-122584 – Incorrect format string order in statistics.
- MC-122666 – lang:en_US capitalisation in options.txt prevents resources from being loaded.
- MC-122944 – Scoreboard objective can't update the display name .
- From the previous development version
- MC-122618 – Recipes are not tab-completed.
- MC-122624 – Pressing Tab ↹ no longer cycle through possible command values.
- MC-122625 – Order of contents of north- and east-facing double chests changed after update.
- MC-122639 – Can't place lily pads on ice.
- MC-122643 – Snow, carpet and daylight detectors culling adjacent upper slabs.
- MC-122644 – Datapacks cannot replace vanilla crafting recipes.
- MC-122646 – Cullface on the tops and bottoms of glass panes doesn't work
- MC-122650 – Player heads aren't affected by upgrade paths, renamed to "block.minecraft.player_headnamed" + head texture does not show, only when placed.
- MC-122718 – Dirt border of "video settings" menu encroaching too far on settings.
- MC-122907 – An enormous graphical duplicating custom recipe bug.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 17w49a" – Minecraft.net, December 6, 2017