The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 17w49a
December 6, 2017
- Items and blocks can now be "tagged" with an ID.
- Block tags can be used when testing for blocks in the world.
- Items tags can be used when testing for items in inventories.
- Tags are created using data packs in
- For example:
- This will create a block tag called
- The json file contains a list of all blocks that should be "tagged".
- For example:
- There are two default tags for both the item form and the block form:
minecraft:woolfor all wool blocks and
minecraft:planksfor all wood plank blocks.
- Recipes can now refer to a tag instead of an item.
- 40 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.13
- MC-36191 – Missing stat.mineBlock for various blocks (mob spawners, cauldrons, beds, etc.).
- MC-98823 – Tipped arrows do not have a stat.craftItem statistic.
- MC-99321 – Hoppers cannot pull items from double chests if second chest is blocked.
- From the 1.13 development versions
- MC-121631 – Taking items from the creative inventory search tab no longer resets search text.
- MC-121632 – Pressing "chat" key selects search in creative inventory/recipe book and types the letter.
- MC-121648 – "Difficulty" in settings is untranslated and lowercase.
- MC-121665 – Key "None" display string as "key.keyboard.-1".
- MC-121705 – Cursor is offset from actual mouse location when opening GUIs while moving mouse.
- MC-121709 – Clickable area to sort statistics menu are not in the right place
- MC-121714 – Unable to save screenshot of PNG format.
- MC-121718 – The player cannot select the spectator menu.
- MC-121808 – Command argument validation for single entity says player in some error messages.
- MC-121873 – Dark background missing from beacon GUI.
- MC-122148 – No Block, Item, Mob, GUI, or any other texture renders -- No sounds play.
- MC-122173 – Creating scoreboard objectives for stats is impossible due to the ":".
- MC-122270 – Pushing blocks with connections doesn't update them.
- MC-122295 – Backups folder is created outside of the server directory when using a dedicated server.
- MC-122309 – '
/gamerule gameLoopFunction' does not tab complete function names.
- MC-122314 – All maps created in earlier versions are now the same.
- MC-122355 – Crash on breaking banner: java.lang.ClassCastException: arw cannot be cast to aru.
- MC-122383 – Pre-existing chests invisible, overlapping.
- MC-122395 – Custom player heads are called "block.minecraft.player_headnamed".
- MC-122410 – ⇧ Shift + Tab ↹ doesn't go backwards in tab-completion list.
- MC-122521 – Damaged anvil always turns to the North.
- MC-122536 – "set_nbt" function in loot table does not merge NBT to item.
- MC-122558 – Health criteria scoreboard objectives do not use hearts to display value anymore.
- MC-122573 – Crash due to carpet and sticky pistons.
- MC-122584 – Incorrect format string order in statistics.
- MC-122666 – lang:en_US capitalisation in options.txt prevents resources from being loaded.
- MC-122944 – Scoreboard objective can't update the display name .
- From the previous development version
- MC-122618 – Recipes are not tab-completed.
- MC-122624 – Pressing Tab ↹ no longer cycle through possible command values.
- MC-122625 – Order of contents of north- and east-facing double chests changed after update.
- MC-122639 – Can't place lily pads on ice.
- MC-122643 – Snow, carpet and daylight detectors culling adjacent upper slabs.
- MC-122644 – Datapacks cannot replace vanilla crafting recipes.
- MC-122646 – Cullface on the tops and bottoms of glass panes doesn't work
- MC-122650 – Player heads aren't affected by upgrade paths, renamed to "block.minecraft.player_headnamed" + head texture does not show, only when placed.
- MC-122718 – Dirt border of "video settings" menu encroaching too far on settings.
- MC-122907 – An enormous graphical duplicating custom recipe bug.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 17w49a" – Minecraft.net, December 6, 2017