(Redirected from Java Edition 17w14a)
April 5, 2017
- They are now able to make sounds while sitting on the player's shoulders
- Parrots now dance and change colors if playing music on a nearby jukebox
- Changed the right-click action:
- Right-click on a tamed parrot tells it to sit down
- Walking over/through/near a tamed parrot while crouching will cause it to sit on the player's shoulders
- Contains the UUID of the player that is converting the zombie.
- Used with the "minecraft:cured_zombie_villager" trigger for advancements.
- Added new advancements, including a new "adventure" tab
- Pop-up notification for when players advance
- New sliding effect
- Comes in two different colors - yellow for normal advancements, and pink for "challenge" advancements
- NBT tags
recipeBook: Now a compound tag (was a string) containing recipe book information
isFilteringCraftable: Becomes 1 if the player has enabled the "Show Craftable" feature in the recipe book.
isGuiOpen: Checks if the player has left the GUI open.
recipes: Contains information about all recipes the player has seen.
displayed: Checks if the player has tried out the recipe in the recipe book before (by clicking it/viewing it)
- Changed the icon on the trigger button, from a standard book to the Knowledge Book
- Added a shift-click ability to the recipe book that puts all available materials in the crafting grid.
- Added a new white-and-gray colored notification that pops up when the player unlocks new recipes
- If you search "excited" (changed in 17w18a) in the Recipe book, your language switches to Pirate Speak.
- "Now Java 6!" changed to "Now Java 8!"
- 21 issues fixed
- From the 1.12 development versions
- MC-114879 – Picking up an item has a chance to duplicate it
- MC-114896 – Parrots don't make any sounds when they are on your shoulder
- MC-114943 – Items in crafting table disappear when selecting a recipe
- MC-114976 – Parrots don't show up on subtitles
- MC-114987 – Unknown recipe message not translated
- MC-114989 – recipe command causes unknown errors with invalid player argument
- MC-114999 – Hover text of items in crafting grid is rendered behind crafting help
- MC-115028 – Crafting recipe pop-up renders above items in the inventory gui
- MC-115054 – Recipe interface doesn't remember "showing all/craftable" preference when inventory closed
- MC-115065 – "loot" reward for advancements does not provide items
- MC-115067 – All instances of entity-matching conditions do not function for advancements
- MC-115074 – Potion effects are still rendered under the recipe book
- MC-115100 – Hover text of items in crafting help does not use same text and text box like hovering over item in inventory
- MC-115107 – Helmet does not render after using autorecipe feature
- MC-115123 – Parrots keep moving their legs even if they are on shoulders
- MC-115129 – Missing crafting recipe resources render in front of item description
- MC-115153 – recipe command not showing an error with invalid first argument
- MC-115175 – New crafting menu texture bug
- MC-115204 – Crash when canceling/changing recipe in recipe book with full inventory
- From the previous development version
- MC-115191 – Parrots disappear completely when leaving the End via a portal
- MC-115209 – Crafting Book Not Accounting for Item Count
Video made by slicedlime:
- 17w14a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.
- "Minecraft Snapshot 17w14a" – Minecraft.net, April 5, 2017