We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Java Edition 17w14a
April 5, 2017
- They are now able to make sounds while sitting on the player's shoulders
- Parrots now dance and change colors if playing music on a nearby jukebox
- Changed the right-click action:
- Right-click on a tamed parrot tells it to sit down
- Walking over/through/near a tamed parrot while crouching will cause it to sit on the player's shoulders
- Contains the UUID of the player that is converting the zombie.
- Used with the "minecraft:cured_zombie_villager" trigger for advancements.
- Added new advancements, including a new "adventure" tab
- Pop-up notification for when players advance
- New sliding effect
- Comes in two different colors - yellow for normal advancements, and pink for "challenge" advancements
- NBT tags
recipeBook: Now a compound tag (was a string) containing recipe book information
isFilteringCraftable: Becomes 1 if the player has enabled the "Show Craftable" feature in the recipe book.
isGuiOpen: Checks if the player has left the GUI open.
recipes: Contains information about all recipes the player has seen.
displayed: Checks if the player has tried out the recipe in the recipe book before (by clicking it/viewing it)
- Changed the icon on the trigger button, from a standard book to the Knowledge Book
- Added a shift-click ability to the recipe book that puts all available materials in the crafting grid.
- Added a new white-and-gray colored notification that pops up when the player unlocks new recipes
- If you search "excited" (changed in 17w18a) in the Recipe book, your language switches to Pirate Speak.
- "Now Java 6!" changed to "Now Java 8!"
- 21 issues fixed
- From the 1.12 development versions
- MC-114879 – Picking up an item has a chance to duplicate it
- MC-114896 – Parrots don't make any sounds when they are on your shoulder
- MC-114943 – Items in crafting table disappear when selecting a recipe
- MC-114976 – Parrots don't show up on subtitles
- MC-114987 – Unknown recipe message not translated
- MC-114989 – recipe command causes unknown errors with invalid player argument
- MC-114999 – Hover text of items in crafting grid is rendered behind crafting help
- MC-115028 – Crafting recipe pop-up renders above items in the inventory gui
- MC-115054 – Recipe interface doesn't remember "showing all/craftable" preference when inventory closed
- MC-115065 – "loot" reward for advancements does not provide items
- MC-115067 – All instances of entity-matching conditions do not function for advancements
- MC-115074 – Potion effects are still rendered under the recipe book
- MC-115100 – Hover text of items in crafting help does not use same text and text box like hovering over item in inventory
- MC-115107 – Helmet does not render after using autorecipe feature
- MC-115123 – Parrots keep moving their legs even if they are on shoulders
- MC-115129 – Missing crafting recipe resources render in front of item description
- MC-115153 – recipe command not showing an error with invalid first argument
- MC-115175 – New crafting menu texture bug
- MC-115204 – Crash when canceling/changing recipe in recipe book with full inventory
- From the previous development version
- MC-115191 – Parrots disappear completely when leaving the End via a portal
- MC-115209 – Crafting Book Not Accounting for Item Count
Video made by slicedlime:
- 17w14a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.
- "Minecraft Snapshot 17w14a" – Minecraft.net, April 5, 2017