Java Edition 16w41a
October 13, 2016
- Item durability bar
- The colors of the durability bar, which is displayed on damaged items in the hotbar and inventories, have been changed.
- The color is now bright during the entire length of the bar, when previously it would fade through a set of not so bright oranges and yellows, it will now fade through clear yellow and orange.
- Also the background of the durability bar is now completely black, where it used to be transparent.
- Now have their own sound when equipped.
- The spawn rate of Llamas has been drastically reduced.
- 57 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.11
- MC-341 – Duplication and deletion of hotbar items in Creative using number keys
- MC-2912 – Creative Mode Hotbar Glitch when using Number Key to exchange items slots
- MC-11416 – Dispenser / Dropper / Piston / Command block placing is not consistent
- MC-14861 – teleporting using commands resets the velocity
- MC-51662 – Sand/Gravel broken into entity by upward extending piston
- MC-58614 – XP bar is not transparent (no alpha) when normal crosshair is not visible
- MC-59303 – When placed next to a cactus, the head of bed remains same
- MC-70806 – Blocks with a data value > 0 have missing texture in superflat customization
- MC-73529 – Incorrect error message for
- MC-80692 – WitherBoss attacks ArmorStands
- MC-96544 – Temperature Freezing Point Inconsistency
- MC-97982 – Offhand slot frame rotated 180 degrees compared to hotbar
- MC-98009 – Elytra equipment sound using Leather armor equipment sound
- MC-99103 – You can’t see remaining time when you have potion effect in Demo Mode
- MC-99603 – Wolves, Dogs, and Ocelots fall out of the world
- MC-99661 – Summoning a LeashKnot with a passenger entity crashes
- MC-99814 – help -1 throws unknown command exception
- MC-99900 – Enchantments boostrap class has the wrong error message when called before bootstrap
- MC-101249 – Target selectors ignore invalid arguments
- MC-102439 – Shield Desynchronizes
- MC-102683 – “Elder Guardian Flops” showed as “Guardian Flops” in subtitles
- MC-104901 – Suboptimal visibility and horrific look of the tool’s durability bar colors
- MC-105406 – OpenGL Leak in View Frustum
- MC-105898 – Mushrooms and crops cause bed to drop; leaves “head” of bed behind, same with double plant
- MC-108315 – Closing options with esc doesn’t send player setting packet
- MC-108409 – Villager makes disagree sounds when you click arrows and trade boxes.
- MC-108588 – Structure blocks save invalid data when saving a structure at 0, 0
- MC-108700 – Wood breaking- incorrect subtitle
- From the 1.11 development versions
- MC-106296 – Wrong subtitle for sound (sounds.json mistake)
- MC-107171 – maxEntityCramming is off-by-one
- MC-107407 – Zooming out an explorer map turns the map blank
- MC-107410 – Observer block outputs single game tick pulse, not single redstone tick pulse
- MC-107600 – Observer block causes bottom half of bed to break
- MC-107662 – Observers can cause blocks to be stuck in the powered state when being pushed by pistons
- MC-107730 – Oberserver block powers air blocks
- MC-107783 – Observer powers redstone dust only to level 1
- MC-107795 – Redstone connects to Observer Blocks on sides
- MC-107869 – Llamas often spawn in blocks and die while in mountainous regions
- MC-107907 – Llama spit is not saved as entity
- MC-107934 – Observers are placed with the input facing you (unlike MCPE)
- MC-107957 – Hopper: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
- MC-107959 – Buttonspamming with observerblocks
- MC-108045 – Minecraft not using latest unifont unicode chart, characters are missing
- MC-108054 – Observer rotates when being udpated, moved and then reloaded
- MC-108216 – Copying then zooming out an explorer map make it lose its structure pointer
- MC-108270 – Wither skeleton spawing quelled by normal skeletons
- MC-108399 – No subtitle for when the totem of undying activates
- From the previous development version
- MC-108344 – Left-handed vindicators raise right arm when aggressive
- MC-108348 – Totem of undying is not consumed/destroyed
- MC-108349 – When a sticky piston (facing up with a block on it) is retracted while an entity is standing on it, the entity appears to sink into the ground.
- MC-108354 – Incorrect subtitle when equipping a llama with a chest
- MC-108357 – Naturally generated vindicators axe is missing
- MC-108358 – Crash when 32 or more pistons retract in a single chunk (IllegalArgumentException)
- MC-108378 – Crafting a Zoomed Out Map By a Hotbar Hotkey Won’t Update It
- MC-108480 – Johnny Vindicators attempt to attack armor stands
- MC-108525 – shulker_box.png Default resource pack GUI 1 pixel too high (167 vs 166 pixel)
- Private issues
- MC-99599 – Server does not test if player is sleeping when receiving
Video made by slicedlime:
- Unlike most first-of-the-week snapshots, this was released on a Thursday instead of Wednesday, similar to the snapshots before 14w26a.
- 16w41a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.