(Redirected from Java Edition 16w33a)
August 17, 2016
- "Should not be played while driving"
- "You're going too fast!"
- Will now keep enchantments and durability when crafted with banners
- Some of elder guardians' and zombie villagers' subtitles are now distinct from the subtitles for guardians and zombies.
- More things will burn in the furnace
- 1 Wool smelts 0.5 items
- 1 Carpet smelts 0.33 items, just less than 1⁄3 items (increased in 16w35a)
- 1 Ladder smelts 1.165 items, just less than 1 1⁄6 items (increased in 16w35a)
- 1 Wooden Button smelts 0.5 items
- 1 Bow smelts 1.5 items
- 1 Fishing rod smelts 1.5 items
- 1 Sign smelts 1 item
- 1 Bowl smelts 0.5 items
- 1 Wooden door smelts 1 item
- 1 Boat smelts 2 items
- Can now be refilled with water bottles.
- If the player clicks on the bed, but is not right beside it, it now shows a message:
- "You may not rest now, the bed is too far away"
- Previously the player would get no message, but would be unable to sleep.
- Farmer villagers
- Now drop a wet sponge rather than a dry sponge
- Now require a dye when applying a pattern that uses a non-dye item, such as a creeper head or enchanted golden apple
- Previously the lack of a dye would have applied the black variant of the pattern.
- 34 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.11
- MC-4582 – Can't eat, throw, or shoot while looking at an iron door/iron trapdoor
- MC-5330 – Range for using bed is lower than normal range
- MC-9691 – Inconsistency: Some wooden items don't burn in furnaces
- MC-14525 – Name tag item doesn't work on entities with right click ability
- MC-30630 – Double grass and fern use 2 different biome colors for top and bottom
- MC-49666 – Trades not randomized for farmer villager
- MC-59888 – Tall grass (top) particles are sunflower texture with broken pallete
- MC-75726 – Broken error message when loading (broken?) resource packs
- MC-82811 – Attempting to use currently unusable items bobs item up and down
- MC-82965 – Main hand item use animation plays when using offhand (3rd person mode)
- MC-87048 – Putting design on shield will cause shield to lose enchantment
- MC-90538 – Elytra not placeable on Armor Stand
- MC-91209 – Inconsistent word separation in chat help for F3+[key] combinations (resourcepacks, renderdistance)
- MC-92294 – Elder guardians drop normal sponge instead of wet sponge
- MC-93371 – No armor stand breaking sound in Creative mode
- MC-94303 – Filling/emptying bucket/bottle sound doesn't play for cauldrons
- MC-94597 – Shooting an arrow prints "added speed" in the Game Output
- MC-97808 – Not canceled that draw a bow
- MC-98779 – Skeletons spawned with
/summonor natural spawning algorithm are not in the correct height
- MC-102683 – Elder Guardians use the same subtitles as normal Guardians
- MC-106168 – Using spawn egg on side of block spawns mobs inside transparent blocks
- From the 1.11 development versions
- MC-106030 – No longer receives xp when shift-clicking ingots in furnace
- MC-106043 – Placing a banner that was in a stack of 1 causes it to lose it's data
- MC-106045 – Fishing rod does not appear cast in offhand
- MC-106067 – Unable to dye banners
- MC-106133 – Skeletons / stray / wither skeleton with tipped arrow in offhand no longer shoot tipped arrows
- MC-106152 – Zombie villager has no independent subtitles
- MC-106172 – Wither skeleton / zombie pigman emits a constant hissing sound despite not being on fire when standing on a submerged fence
- MC-106190 – Husk / zombie villager drop zombie head when killed by charged creepers
- From the previous development version
- MC-106072 – Resource pack loaded as FOLDER doesn't show ingame anymore
- MC-106100 –
Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking block entity
- MC-106101 –
Hopper: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
- MC-106116 – Achievements which rely on crafting the item (such as Benchmarking or Time to strike!) don't unlock when shift-clicking
- MC-106193 – No enchantment books when you're fishing
Video made by slicedlime:
- The blog post for this snapshot was the first posted by LadyAgnes.
- The 2 new splashes reference the game Pokémon GO.
- 16w33a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.