The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 16w04a
January 28, 2016
- Running "Searge" as the command in a command block (without a preceding "/", also case insensitive) will now set
#itzlipofutzlito the previous output.
- Added a sound for taking damage from thorns.
- Rain sounds are now more ambient/less loud and sound more realistic.
- Bounding box changed again, now 3⁄32 block tall and inset 1⁄16 from all sides (since 15w49a, was 15⁄256 block tall and only three of the four edges were inset).
- Will now move forward and backwards using the forward and backwards key, and will steer left and right using the left and right keys respectively.
- The boat will stay in one place when pressing the left and right keys at the same time, but the paddles will be moving.
- Now faster and stay at a consistent speed, unlike previous snapshots.
- Now sink when underwater, or within flowing water of any depth.
- Crafting recipe no longer requires wooden shovel.
- Riding a boat no longer subjects water-sensitive mobs to being damaged by water, and no longer protects sunlight-sensitive mobs from being damaged by sunlight.
- The player will now be dismounted onto land if possible.
- Now break lily pads, instead of passing right through them.
- Now no longer pick up mobs larger than the boat
- Players no longer board minecarts when used while crouching.
- 31 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.9
- MC-47636 – Boats appear to be sunken in water.
- MC-54486 – Glass panes and iron bars don't connect to solid, graphically transparent blocks (slime block, end portal frame, and spawner).
- MC-88427 – Endermen & blazes get 'wet' and take damage in boats.
- MC-90052 – Dismounting from a boat drops the player in the water.
- MC-90272 – Zombies/skeletons in boats do not burn from sunlight.
- From the 1.9 development versions
- MC-84632 – A chorus flower placed at or growing to Y=255 turns to chorus plant.
- MC-89766 – Items on top of lily pads dance and jump from pad to pad
- MC-89948 – Shulkers spin endlessly when riding in boats.
- MC-89963 – Horse hitbox is larger than boat hitbox.
- MC-89978 – Small mobs drown in boats.
- MC-89985 – Squids ride in the boat when riding over them.
- MC-89987 – An off-hand item is still shown when moving in a boat.
- MC-90011 – Boats point the direction opposite from the direction a player places it.
- MC-90085 – Boats do not break lily pads.
- MC-90124 – Reopening a world when riding an entity/boat dismounts the player for some seconds.
- MC-90175 – The game crashes when boats are summoned as passengers of a living entity.
- MC-90307 – Boats don't lose any speed if directly above air.
- MC-90352 – Placing boats on slime blocks and mounting it propels player & boat up hundreds of blocks.
- MC-90909 – Boat auto-corrects position and overcompensates the angle when making short turns.
- MC-91008 – When changing hand in boats, the item being swapped is still visually in the other hand.
- MC-91446 – Pressure Plate keeps activated if a player disconnect while pressed the same.
- MC-91524 – Entities disappear from boats (are removed, not invisible).
- MC-91857 – Passengers might be broken (the game removes and adds the riding entity from the ridden entity every five seconds).
- MC-92171 – Flicker when standing on boat/falling through boat.
- MC-92346 – The world does not render for passengers of boats or riders of horses.
- MC-92439 – Player facing is awkward when entering a boat from the front.
- MC-92536 – Mobs do not properly fit in the passenger seat of a boat.
- MC-92555 – Boat "lid" rendering entities partially invisible.
- MC-93855 – Skeleton shoot backwards when are on boats.
- MC-95598 – Giving invalid blockstate items by
/giveonly creates error for anvil.
- MC-95599 – Invalid damage property error message is not red.
Video made by slicedlime:
- 16w04a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.