The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 15w51a
December 17, 2015
15w51a is the forty-seventh snapshot released for 1.9, released to fix bugs and crashes.
- Controls how far from the world spawn point players can spawn.
- Defaults to 10.
- Water produced by melting ice now flows.
- AI and pathfinding has been improved.
- No longer drop music discs when
/gamerule doMobLoot falseis set.
- Will now drop their corresponding wood planks when broken.
- End crystals can no longer be placed in Adventure mode.
- Using the command to set a gamerule will now report the change: "Game rule <gamerule> has been updated to <value>."
- No longer frosts blocks that do not have an air block above.
- Spectator mode
- A spectator is no longer able to open a chest where the loot has not been generated yet.
- They are given the message: "Unable to open. Loot not generated yet."
- Glowing status effect now outlines players and mobs more exactly, arrows stuck in them or items held and transparencies will now be obeyed.
- 22 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.9
- MC-3564 – Debug message "
Unable to locate Sign at (x, y, z)" left inside Minecraft client.
- MC-13046 – Certain supported characters glitch out, clearing outlines of text.
- MC-51725 – Gamerule
doMobLootdoes not affect the dropping of music discs.
- MC-69072 –
/worldborder warning distance/timethrows an error when used without arguments.
- MC-73886 – Villagers don't recognize blocked doors correctly.
- MC-75256 –
spawn-protectionis also spawn randomization size.
- MC-93614 – Bats fly from creative players.
- From the 1.9 development versions
- MC-85709 – The ender dragon is incorrectly outlined when it has the glowing effect.
- MC-86099 – The outline of glowing guardian's tail is bigger than the tail itself.
- MC-89246 – When the "glowing" effect finishes on an entity it un-renders things for one frame.
- MC-89915 – Chunks don't load when the player is in a minecart/on a horse/pig.
- MC-89954 – All boat types drop oak wood planks.
- MC-90585 – Navigating on a boat wearing Frost Walker enchantment frosts the water layer below the boat.
- MC-92915 – Items, blocks & XP orbs appear transparent and/or gray when picked up
- MC-93503 – Inner elytra texture doesn't render while holding a skull.
- MC-93532 – Holding items will slightly brighten an elytra being worn.
- MC-93622 – Endermen remain hostile after switching gamemodes.
- MC-93772 – Mobs follow player in Creative and Spectator mode.
- MC-93844 – Transparent hat pixels on skull render opaque.
- MC-93944 – Default resource pack is ordered topmost until closing and re-entering the resource pack dialogue.
- MC-94010 – Wolves joining an attack stay aggressive on the player even after changing gamemode.
- From the previous development version
- MC-94295 – Ender dragon respawns on its own in pre-1.9 worlds.
Video made by slicedlime:
- 15w51a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.