The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 14w28a
July 9, 2014
/stats <entity|block> ...
/stats entity <selector> <mode>.
/stats block [x] [y] [z] <mode>.
- Alternative and more featureful way of interacting with
- Will update a scoreboard objective based on the number of entities/blocks which has been affecting the command, it updates the objective for the entity that ran the command, fake players can be used when run in a command block.
- After the
modethere are currently 4 possible stats that can be updated:
- For example:
/stats entity @a set AffectedBlocks @a Testwill update a scoreboard objective named 'Test' for all players whenever a command is performed relative to them, the objective will update by the number of blocks affected by the command since the stat was set to
- Now have 7 slices instead of 6.
- Produce a signal for comparators to detect.
- Each slice is equivalent to 2 redstone signal strength, for a maximum of 14.
- Enchantments and effects now accept named IDs as well as numerical IDs.
- Block States
- Chunks now use block states instead of metadata.
- Performance & rendering
- Improved performance with rendering.
- Many optimizations to both the server (including singleplayer) and the client.
- Servers can now customize network compression in
- Video Settings
- Added Alternative Block option to disable (or enable) weighted alternative block models.
- When turned off, the least complex highest priority model will always be used for each block.
- 43 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-1532 – TNT flashing graphic when lit looks cut up and faded./Z-fighting.
- MC-2990 – Heads, beds, and doors can't be placed where there is thin snow.
- MC-8858 – Rain goes through upside-down stairs.
- MC-13633 – Horse's jump bar appears even when the horse isn't saddled yet.
- MC-16608 – Text color in hopper and brewing stand GUI changes.
- MC-18477 – Iron golems can see and attack invisible hostile mobs.
- MC-23940 – If a player sleeps in a bed near a transparent block, said player can get in the block.
- MC-36718 – New fragmented sentences in translation.
- MC-43984 – Normal players can use player selectors.
- MC-53166 – Horses do not convert their owner to UUID.
- MC-55490 – Spawning cows on mooshrooms.
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-45046 – Player skin doesn't render at Y:254.3 or more.
- MC-45067 – Player skin (model) disappears when under -1.8 height level (void).
- MC-45512 – Entities disappear in the void.
- MC-46674 – Tools can't break packed ice faster.
- MC-49407 –
/enchantstill uses IDs.
- MC-53022 – Mobs not being targeted by team selector.
- MC-54845 – Rain particles not rendering.
- MC-55515 –
§(color)changes the sign color.
- MC-56041 – Wheat sprouts revert to seed at low light level blocks at night.
- MC-56251 – "
/weather rain" executed when weather is clear sets the weather to thunder.
- MC-56835 – Pressure plate
- MC-56884 – Negative color crosshair when using resource pack.
- MC-58067 – Smooth & chiseled sandstone & chiseled quartz has incorrect bottom texture.
- MC-59491 – Performance on Linux server tick-rate.
- MC-59848 – Grass blocks held by endermen have wrong texture.
- MC-59897 – Logs not generating in the right position in structures.
- MC-59996 – Falling sand entities are invisible or show a solid colored (red/green/black) texture.
- MC-60035 – Double slabs become seamless.
- MC-60039 – Server logging broken.
- MC-60077 – End portals (
end_portal_frame) has eye in it.
- From the previous development version
- MC-60093 – Blacksmith roof slabs oriented wrong.
- MC-60126 – Pistons retract on placement as if they were powered.
- MC-60150 – Fence gates placed open.
- MC-60151 – Redstone repeaters are inverted.
- MC-60152 – Powered rail, detector rail, and activator rail are flipped when on an east/west slope.
- MC-60153 – Iron door and wood door.
- MC-60156 – Command blocks don't trigger when dispensed onto a redstone block.
- MC-60193 – Doors generating weirdly in strongholds.
- MC-60208 – Pumpkin/melon seeds fully grown when planted.
- MC-60349 – TNT spawns ignited on desert temples.
- MC-60483 – When placing fire on side of TNT it only renders on the side.
- MC-60523 – Tripwire hook block placed sound bug.
- 14w28a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.