(Redirected from Java Edition 14w28a)
July 9, 2014
This version was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.
/stats <entity|block> ...
/stats entity <selector> <mode>.
/stats block [x] [y] [z] <mode>.
- Alternative and more featureful way of interacting with
- Will update a scoreboard objective based on the number of entities/blocks which has been affecting the command, it updates the objective for the entity that ran the command, fake players can be used when run in a command block.
- After the
modethere are currently 4 possible stats that can be updated:
- For example:
/stats entity @a set AffectedBlocks @a Testwill update a scoreboard objective named 'Test' for all players whenever a command is performed relative to them, the objective will update by the number of blocks affected by the command since the stat was set to
- Now have 7 slices instead of 6.
- Produce a signal for comparators to detect.
- Each slice is equivalent to 2 redstone signal strength, for a maximum of 14.
- Enchantments and effects now accept named IDs as well as numerical IDs.
- Block States
- Chunks now use block states instead of metadata.
- Performance & rendering
- Improved performance with rendering.
- Many optimizations to both the server (including singleplayer) and the client.
- Servers can now customize network compression in
- Video Settings
- Added Alternative Block option to disable (or enable) weighted alternative block models.
- When turned off, the least complex highest priority model will always be used for each block.
- 43 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-1532 – TNT flashing graphic when lit looks cut up and faded./Z-fighting.
- MC-2990 – Heads, beds, and doors can't be placed where there is thin snow.
- MC-8858 – Rain goes through upside-down stairs.
- MC-13633 – Horse's jump bar appears even when the horse isn't saddled yet.
- MC-16608 – Text color in hopper and brewing stand GUI changes.
- MC-18477 – Iron golems can see and attack invisible hostile mobs.
- MC-23940 – If a player sleeps in a bed near a transparent block, said player can get in the block.
- MC-36718 – New fragmented sentences in translation.
- MC-43984 – Normal players can use player selectors.
- MC-53166 – Horses do not convert their owner to UUID.
- MC-55490 – Spawning cows on mooshrooms.
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-45046 – Player skin doesn't render at Y:254.3 or more.
- MC-45067 – Player skin (model) disappears when under -1.8 height level (void).
- MC-45512 – Entities disappear in the void.
- MC-46674 – Tools can't break packed ice faster.
- MC-49407 –
/enchantstill uses IDs.
- MC-53022 – Mobs not being targeted by team selector.
- MC-54845 – Rain particles not rendering.
- MC-55515 –
§(color)changes the sign color.
- MC-56041 – Wheat sprouts revert to seed at low light level blocks at night.
- MC-56251 – "
/weather rain" executed when weather is clear sets the weather to thunder.
- MC-56835 – Pressure plate
- MC-56884 – Negative color crosshair when using resource pack.
- MC-58067 – Smooth & chiseled sandstone & chiseled quartz has incorrect bottom texture.
- MC-59491 – Performance on Linux server tick-rate.
- MC-59848 – Grass blocks held by endermen have wrong texture.
- MC-59897 – Logs not generating in the right position in structures.
- MC-59996 – Falling sand entities are invisible or show a solid colored (red/green/black) texture.
- MC-60035 – Double slabs become seamless.
- MC-60039 – Server logging broken.
- MC-60077 – End portals (
end_portal_frame) has eye in it.
- From the previous development version
- MC-60093 – Blacksmith roof slabs oriented wrong.
- MC-60126 – Pistons retract on placement as if they were powered.
- MC-60150 – Fence gates placed open.
- MC-60151 – Redstone repeaters are inverted.
- MC-60152 – Powered rail, detector rail, and activator rail are flipped when on an east/west slope.
- MC-60153 – Iron door and wood door.
- MC-60156 – Command blocks don't trigger when dispensed onto a redstone block.
- MC-60193 – Doors generating weirdly in strongholds.
- MC-60208 – Pumpkin/melon seeds fully grown when planted.
- MC-60349 – TNT spawns ignited on desert temples.
- MC-60483 – When placing fire on side of TNT it only renders on the side.
- MC-60523 – Tripwire hook block placed sound bug.