(Redirected from Java Edition 14w26a)
June 25, 2014
14w26a is the twenty-ninth snapshot released for 1.8. This snapshot is the first after a decision to release snapshots on Wednesdays rather than on Thursdays.
- Debug mode world type
- Useful for resource pack makers.
- Hold ⇧ Shift and cycle through "World Type" to select it.
- Spectator mode recommended to avoid crashes (you can use creative mode too without any effect on some machines).
- All possible blocks with all possible data values are generated.
- They are arranged in a grid across height y=70, with a barrier floor at y=60.
- Blocks placed are deleted, and blocks destroyed are restored.
- There is a special generator option preventing this. It is called "debug_all_block_states". If the player changes this to "flat" or "default" in NBTexplorer, the player will be able to interact with the world. Only for a short period though, on most machines there will be lots of lag or the game might crash (Not recommended to play survival on).
/replaceitem <entity|block> ...
- Can replace items in any inventory, including the inventories of mobs such as zombies.
- Full syntax:
/replaceitem entity <entity> <slot> <item> [amount] [data value].
/replaceitem block <x> <y> <z> <slot> <item> [amount] [data value].
/replaceitem entity @e[type=Zombie] slot.weapon minecraft:iron_sword 1 0will give all the zombies iron swords.
/replaceitem entity @p slot.hotbar.0 minecraft:fish 4 2will put 4 clownfish in the players first hotbar slot.
/replaceitem block ~ ~-1 ~ slot.container.5 minecraft:redstone_block 1 0will put a redstone block in the 6th slot of a container 1 block beneath the player.
- Full syntax:
- If set to false, player-run commands will not show a success message.
- Switched to only/mostly using blockstates in the code, though not all block combinations are blockstates yet.
- X/O button next to "Last output" in command block to turn off the last output string.
- Empty furnaces will now only accept fuel and empty buckets in the fuel slot.
- The wood part of the frame now uses the oak texture rather than the birch texture.
- Customized world type
- Has an ocean monument toggle.
- Re-added marsh-like areas which were removed in Java Edition 13w38b after initially being introduced in Java Edition 13w36a.
- Now has a
detectargument (sub-command, only works when used with execute).
- Allows the
executecommand to run only if a block is detected at a specific location relative to the target.
/execute @a ~ ~ ~ detect ~ ~-1 ~ minecraft:grass 0 say You are standing on grass..
- Allows the
- Block limit changed from 4096 to 32768 blocks.
- Now has an
- Similar to the
setargument, but can be used to add (or remove) a certain number of blocks to the world border distance.
- Negative numbers can be used to remove blocks.
/worldborder add -75will shrink the world border width by 75 blocks.
- Similar to the
- Now has an
- Instead of specifying uvs, you can now choose textures to be projected onto the model.
- Reworked 3D resources, adding the possibility of new blocks with multiple textures.
- 47 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-5164 – Strength and weakness potions do not work on aggressive wolves.
- MC-5525 – Some sounds play at a low volume.
- MC-8987 – Flame-enchanted bows don't activate TNT minecarts.
- MC-22586 –
/spreadplayerscommand doesn't accept relative coords for
- MC-35431 –
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-46244 – Command block bug - new particle feature.
- MC-46851 – Potion effect particles stay in spectator mode.
- MC-51788 –
/playsounddoesn't work with relative coords.
- MC-55589 –
/particledoesn't work with some entities.
- MC-55625 –
/playsoundrelative to entity does not work.
- MC-56294 – "Are you sure you want to open the following website?" buttons are offset.
- MC-56862 – Guardian doesn't die on land and can swim in lava.
- MC-56877 – Snow golem has a broken head.
- MC-56941 – Floating torch bug.
- MC-57033 – Game crashes when new chunks are loaded.
- MC-57117 – Item frame backgrounds are black on server.
- MC-57188 – Wearing Pumpkins on your head, pumpkins are huge and upside down.
- MC-57256 – Placed anvil is rotated by 90°.
- MC-57670 – The player no longer sinks into the first layer of stacked snow.
- MC-57685 – Water dungeons cannot be turned off using world customization.
- MC-57854 – Stained glass panes particles uncolored.
- MC-57966 – Block icons in statistics and flatland GUI rendering wrong.
- MC-58130 – Chunks only render in the direction player is facing.
- MC-58136 – Pumpkin / melon stems rendering incorrectly.
- MC-58537 – Supplemental selectors in
/scoreboard teams join&
leavedon't work with the
- MC-58637 –
FallingSand- only top side of block has a texture.
- From the previous development version
- MC-57822 – Cocoa beans have wrong orientation.
- MC-57829 – Lever on slab is upside down.
- MC-57841 –
/give'ing written book with JSON data will show "
Invalid Item" when hovered on in chat.
- MC-57843 – Written book with JSON data not formatting right.
- MC-57866 – Written books with JSON don't get created correctly (no color and styles).
- MC-57868 – Stained glass pane are dropping white glass pane.
- MC-57870 –
- MC-57882 – Empty line in creative inventory.
- MC-57883 – The barrier blocks particles for being broken are purple and black checkered.
- MC-57916 – Iron Golems don't require air blocks to be besides their head when placing the head block.
- MC-57917 – Drying a wet sponge in furnace with a stack of buckets below will cause them to disappear and leave a singular water bucket.
- MC-57986 – Stacked buckets bug.
- MC-58025 – Losing buckets from sponge block.
- MC-58048 – Acacia and dark oak logs mined with silk touch show the
- MC-58060 – Summoning
TileIDas chest, trapped chest, ender chest, lava, and water crashes game.
- MC-58066 – Right-click with bow when no arrows in inventory.
- MC-58140 – Repeater will show comparator texture when unpowered,
- MC-58191 – Can walk through snow layer (block meta 7).
- MC-58196 – Fishing rod and carrot on a stick rendering incorrectly in 3rd person.
- MC-58229 – Scores in written books don't work properly when on a server.
- MC-58493 – BUD creates double redstone drops when activated.
- 14w26a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.