June 25, 2014
14w26a is the twenty-ninth snapshot released for 1.8. This snapshot is the first after a decision to release snapshots on Wednesdays rather than on Thursdays.
This version was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.
- Debug mode world type
- Useful for resource pack makers.
- Hold ⇧ Shift and cycle through "World Type" to select it.
- Spectator mode recommended to avoid crashes (you can use creative mode too without any effect on some machines).
- All possible blocks with all possible data values are generated.
- They are arranged in a grid across height y=70, with a barrier floor at y=60.
- Blocks placed are deleted, and blocks destroyed are restored.
- There is a special generator option preventing this. It is called "debug_all_block_states". If the player changes this to "flat" or "default" in NBTexplorer, the player will be able to interact with the world. Only for a short period though, on most machines there will be lots of lag or the game might crash (Not recommended to play survival on).
/replaceitem <entity|block> ...
- Can replace items in any inventory, including the inventories of mobs such as zombies.
- Full syntax:
/replaceitem entity <entity> <slot> <item> [amount] [data value].
/replaceitem block <x> <y> <z> <slot> <item> [amount] [data value].
/replaceitem entity @e[type=Zombie] slot.weapon minecraft:iron_sword 1 0will give all the zombies iron swords.
/replaceitem entity @p slot.hotbar.0 minecraft:fish 4 2will put 4 clownfish in the players first hotbar slot.
/replaceitem block ~ ~-1 ~ slot.container.5 minecraft:redstone_block 1 0will put a redstone block in the 6th slot of a container 1 block beneath the player.
- Full syntax:
- If set to false, player-run commands will not show a success message.
- Switched to only/mostly using blockstates in the code, though not all block combinations are blockstates yet.
- X/O button next to "Last output" in command block to turn off the last output string.
- Empty furnaces will now only accept fuel and empty buckets in the fuel slot.
- The wood part of the frame now uses the oak texture rather than the birch texture.
- Customized world type
- Has an ocean monument toggle.
- Re-added marsh-like areas which were removed in Java Edition 13w38b after initially being introduced in Java Edition 13w36a.
- Now has a
detectargument (sub-command, only works when used with execute).
- Allows the
executecommand to run only if a block is detected at a specific location relative to the target.
/execute @a ~ ~ ~ detect ~ ~-1 ~ minecraft:grass 0 say You are standing on grass..
- Allows the
- Block limit changed from 4096 to 32768 blocks.
- Now has an
- Similar to the
setargument, but can be used to add (or remove) a certain number of blocks to the world border distance.
- Negative numbers can be used to remove blocks.
/worldborder add -75will shrink the world border width by 75 blocks.
- Similar to the
- Now has an
- Instead of specifying uvs, you can now choose textures to be projected onto the model.
- Reworked 3D resources, adding the possibility of new blocks with multiple textures.
From released versions before 1.8
- – Strength and weakness potions do not work on aggressive wolves.
- – Some sounds play at a low volume.
- – Flame-enchanted bows don't activate TNT minecarts.
/spreadplayerscommand doesn't accept relative coords for
From the 1.8 snapshots
- – Command block bug - new particle feature.
- – Potion effect particles stay in spectator mode.
/playsounddoesn't work with relative coords.
/particledoesn't work with some entities.
/playsoundrelative to entity does not work.
- – "Are you sure you want to open the following website?" buttons are offset.
- – Guardian doesn't die on land and can swim in lava.
- – Snow golem has a broken head.
- – Floating torch bug.
- – Game crashes when new chunks are loaded.
- – Item frame backgrounds are black on server.
- – Wearing Pumpkins on your head, pumpkins are huge and upside down.
- – Placed anvil is rotated by 90°.
- – Block icons in statistics and flatland GUI rendering wrong.
- – The player no longer sinks into the first layer of stacked snow.
- – Water dungeons cannot be turned off using world customization.
- – Stained glass panes particles uncolored.
- – Chunks only render in the direction player is facing.
- – Pumpkin / melon stems rendering incorrectly.
/scoreboard teams join&
leavedon't work with the
– Supplemental selectors in
FallingSand- only top side of block has a texture. –
From the previous snapshot
- – Cocoa beans have wrong orientation.
- – Lever on slab is upside down.
/give'ing written book with JSON data will show "
Invalid Item" when hovered on in chat.
- – Written book with JSON data not formatting right.
- – Written books with JSON don't get created correctly (no color and styles).
- – Stained glass pane are dropping white glass pane.
- – Empty line in creative inventory.
- – The barrier blocks particles for being broken are purple and black checkered.
- – Iron Golems don't require air blocks to be besides their head when placing the head block.
- – Drying a wet sponge in furnace with a stack of buckets below will cause them to disappear and leave a singular water bucket.
- – Stacked buckets bug.
- – Losing buckets from sponge block.
– Acacia and dark oak logs mined with silk touch show the
TileIDas chest, trapped chest, ender chest, lava, and water crashes game.
- – Right-click with bow when no arrows in inventory.
– Repeater will show comparator texture when unpowered,
- – Can walk through snow layer (block meta 7).
- – Fishing rod and carrot on a stick rendering incorrectly in 3rd person.
- – Scores in written books don't work properly when on a server.
- – BUD creates double redstone drops when activated.