Java Edition 14w19a
May 8, 2014
14w19a is the twenty-second snapshot released for Java Edition 1.8.
- Slime blocks can now push entities sideways and downwards when attached to a piston.
- When they are on the ground, entities are pushed less.
- The warning, a red-colored aura seen when within a certain distance of the world border.
- Only visible on Fancy graphics.
- Outside the border, the warning is at full strength.
- Inside the border, the warning gradually gets stronger as the player approaches the border.
- If the border is stationary, the warning is first seen as the player passes the warning distance, default 5 blocks from the player's location.
- If the border is shrinking quickly enough, the warning will be first visible at the warning time, default 15 seconds from the player's location.
- New options
/worldborder damage <buffer|amount>
buffer(default 5) is the distance (in blocks) into the barrier before a player starts to become damaged.
amount(default 0.2) is the amount (per block) of damage a player will take, for each block-distance the player is past the barrier's buffer.
/worldborder warning <time|distance>
time(default 15) is the advance notice given (in seconds) to a player, using the red warning, that a shrinking world border is approaching their location.
distance(default 5) is the distance (in blocks) at which the red warning will start to appear, as a player approaches the barrier.
- The border in the Nether is now the same size as that of the Overworld.
- Traveling to the Nether will now not create new portals outside the boundary.
- It is still possible to emerge at an existing portal outside the boundary.
- Spectator mode
- Spectators now have a UI to teleport to other players.
- Activated by mouse middle-click, or pressing a number key.
- When more than 8 players are available to choose, the sides will be replaced by arrows.
- When teams are set up, teams can be selected individually to only display that team's players.
- Both number keys and the 'pick block'-button together with the scroll wheel can be used to control the interface.
- Teleportation works across dimensions.
- "Far from complete".
- 5 issues fixed
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-51109 –
- MC-53555 – Portal in Nether was set outside the border.
- MC-53557 – World border stops growing/shrinking when you exit and re-enter a world.
- MC-54125 –
/worldborder set 100 10says "10000 seconds" instead of 10.
- MC-54358 – Sticky piston break unmovable blocks, such as saplings, crops, leaves, liquids, melons, and pumpkins when pulled.
- 14w19a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.