(Redirected from Java Edition 14w18a)
April 30, 2014
14w18a is the twentieth snapshot released for 1.8.
This version was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.
- Slime blocks will now push and pull blocks adjacent when connected to sticky pistons.
- Connected to normal pistons, slime blocks will only push blocks, but not pull them.
- Coded by KaboPC and Panda4994.
- Up to 12 slime blocks connected to a piston in any arrangement can be moved as long as the following conditions are met: blocks do not disrupt the chain, non-moveable blocks are not in the way or slime blocks are not attached to the piston itself.
- Follows all the rules that pistons follow, for example, blocks which can normally be moved by pistons can be moved if attached to slime blocks.
- Allows for more contraptions, from new redstone clocks, moving devices, farming etc.
- Extending a piston with a slime block on top of it will launch the entity (mobs, players, items, launched arrows etc) into the air.
- Can now be placed on stained glass.
- 38 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-2346 – Hitbox of anvil not proportional.
- MC-3631 – Creepers float one-eighth of a block above the ground.
- MC-9553 – Wrong rendering order of particles, hitboxes, clouds, transparent blocks and breaking animations.
- MC-31728 – Resource pack glitch on shaders.
- MC-32017 – Maps issue + super secret settings.
- MC-34648 – Torch not placeable on stained glass.
- MC-36103 – Nether portal block invisible in front of another nether portal block.
- MC-47811 – The bottom texture of non-full blocks is flipped vertically.
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-46776 – When only a Spectator stays near mobs, they don't despawn.
- MC-48831 – "Reeds" model displays incorrectly.
- MC-48954 – When you kill invisible horse variants, the screen will turn red/black.
- MC-50073 – It is possible to change the missing block model.
- MC-50201 – Minecart glitch on rails.
- MC-50239 – Pick block on hydrated farmland gives dirt block with invalid data value (missing texture).
- MC-50510 – Burning furnace (Block 62) has wrong inventory image.
- MC-51379 – Rails render from below, but not correctly.
- MC-51934 – Lapis-Lazuli ore pick block.
- MC-52814 – dropper spawns items inside of itself with no velocity causing them to fly everywhere.
- From the previous development version
- MC-53370 – Any stone slabs on top of one another creates a double stone block.
- MC-53371 – Respawn button does not work if spawnpoint is outside of the world border.
- MC-53375 – Sheep give other color when sheared.
- MC-53381 – Player takes damage when world border is nearer than 179 blocks
- MC-53390 – Maximum value for the /worldborder command too low (30 million instead of 60 million).
- MC-53401 – redstone overlay gets tinted.
- MC-53405 – Singleplayer menu: only one click loads world.
- MC-53412 – The world border stops the player one block further away from the center in south/east direction.
- MC-53419 – Unable to create/load new heavily customized world.
- MC-53434 – Can place blocks outside world border.
- MC-53442 –
- MC-53460 – Redstone gives off no particles when being broken.
- MC-53464 – Scrollbar in all lists act weird/unresponsively.
- MC-53493 – Minecraft crashes when setting FixedBiome to hell.
- MC-53514 – Lava oceans setting does not work in customized world type.
- MC-53570 – Barrier particles fight for attention.
- MC-53580 – Crafting wool/clay/glass/dog collars results in the wrong color.
- MC-53616 – River generation dramatically increased in default world generation.
- MC-53773 – Cannot respawn outside world border.
- MC-53918 – Double-clicking server in server list no longer does anything.