The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 14w06a
February 6, 2014
14w06a is the tenth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.8.
/trigger <objective> <add:set> <value>.
- Functions the same way as
/scoreboard players setor
/scoreboard players add, but can only modify objectives with the
triggercriteria (referred to as "triggers") and can only modify the score of the player running the command.
- Can be used by non-operator players.
- For a player to run this command, the trigger must be enabled for that player.
/scoreboard players enable <player> <trigger>will enable the specified player to use the specified trigger objective.
- Trigger availability is stored per player, per trigger.
- One trigger may be disabled for a player, but that player can use a different trigger.
- One player may be unable to use a trigger, but another player can use the same trigger.
- Disabled after the trigger has been used (must be re-enabled to use the trigger again).
- Mostly for use with
- Data Tags
- Allows hiding of certain parts of the tooltip.
- Bit field of
1/enchantments, 2/modifiers, 4/unbreakable, 8/candestroy, 16/canplace.
- Option to show or hide all particles for a potion effect, while the 'Ambient' tag only shows fewer particles. Set to true to show, false to hide.
- The number of ticks before an item entity can be picked up.
- Setting to 32767 will prevent the duration from decreasing, thus making the item incapable of being picked up.
- A new argument for
- Allows objectives to be reset one by one.
/scoreboard players reset <player> [objective].
- New objective criteria for team-specific kills, e.g.:
- New objective criteria:
- Acts like the
- Mostly for use with
- The ability to iterate over every scoreboard player with
- New achievement Overpowered
- Obtained by crafting an enchanted golden apple
- Requires obtaining Getting an Upgrade first.
- Added 'Yay, puppies for everyone!"
- Now becomes visible when a player in Creative mode is holding a barrier in their hand.
- The block itself is not rendered, a particle appears in its place.
- Now uses block of redstone breaking particles instead of lava.
- Now generate one block lower, without bedrock underneath.
- When items are collected, rather than "zooming" into the player's chest, it appears to move to the player's feet instead.
- All mobs now use the 'new' AI.
- Mobs now show a glow of a slightly different color when hurt.
- Mobs that can ride boats can now control the boats.
- Except for ghasts and bats
- Will now shoot the player even if there are solid blocks between them.
- Can no longer draw its line of sight through opaque blocks.
- Are slightly taller (0.4 blocks tall rather than 0.3).
- Now pathfind to the player when aggravated.
- Worn armor is now rendered.
- AI is removed.
- Are slightly taller (11.7 blocks tall rather than 10.8).
- Now swim, and randomly change direction every so often, reducing the chance of them getting stuck at walls or corners.
- Will now randomly despawn over time if no player is within a 32-meter range.
- Are slightly smaller (0.51 blocks square rather than 0.6) (values given are for the smallest variant, the size of others can be calculated though).
- Are slightly shorter (0.7 blocks tall rather than 0.8).
- Are significantly smaller (0.3 blocks tall and 0.4 blocks wide rather than 0.7 blocks tall and 0.3 blocks wide).
- Are slightly taller (1.95 blocks tall rather than 1.8)
- Are significantly larger (1.9 blocks tall and 0.7 blocks wide rather than 1.8 blocks tall and 0.4 blocks wide).
- Are slightly shorter (3.5 blocks tall rather than 4.0)
- Are slightly taller (2.353 blocks tall rather than 2.34)
- Now pathfind to the player when aggravated.
- Are slightly taller (1.95 blocks tall rather than 1.8).
- Can now also specify whether particles are to be shown:
/effect <player> <effect> [seconds] [amplifier] [hideParticles].
- Use 'true' to hide particles and 'false' to show; if value not given, defaults to false.
- Added the
- Uses the barrier item texture.
- Used for indicating barrier blocks.
- Data Tags
- Setting Age to a value of -32768 makes items which never expire
- An optional hotkey to show outlines on players whilst spectating.
- Can be color coded to teams.
- Can be set/canceled in Controls option.
- Outline seen when the key is held down (like sneaking when Shift is held down).
- Block IDs
- Statistics for items/blocks can now be referenced per name, instead of ID.
- X, Y, and Z title has been changed from 'Feet' in the previous snapshot, to 'XYZ'.
- Day counter added.
- Increases by 1 every dawn.
- Now displays difficulty.
- Peaceful- 0.00, Easy- 0.75, Normal- 1.50, Hard 2.25 (but numbers slowly increase the longer you are in an area).
- Now displays player rotation again.
- However now it displays it in degrees and quadrants.
- F3 hotkeys
- Now display entity eye level in red.
- Block models in resource packs can now be customized.
- Replaces the files in /assets/minecraft/models/.
- After loading the resource pack, the game may have to be reloaded.
- Splash changed - "OpenGL 1.2!" changed to "OpenGL 2.1 (if supported)!"
- 32 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-2947 – Ghasts and witches do not aim properly.
- MC-4222 – While under the effect of a night vision potion, enemies no longer flash red upon taking damage.
- MC-10099 – Angry Zombie pigmen usually won't jump over 1-high transparent blocks to get to enemies.
- MC-12061 – Witch hitbox is shorter than the witch mob itself.
- MC-12730 – TNT placed on fence / nether fence/cobble wall/mossy wall and ignited has TNT fall through floor.
- MC-19886 – Plants don't cause an update when the block beneath is broken/light level changed.
- MC-32579 – Attribute "
followRange" not working thoroughly.
- MC-33110 – Spiders (and some other mobs) are not affected by speed effects or
- MC-36151 –
stat.leaveGamedoes not increment when game is closed.
- MC-39139 –
walkOneCmstat doesn't accurately measure distance.
- MC-41839 – Chicken jockeys with baby zombie pigmen do not work.
- MC-47705 – Blaze mobs attack creative mode player.
- MC-56363 – Crash on auto-complete name of scoreboard objective.
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-44688 –
/clearfails on strings containing spaces.
- MC-45261 – Sneaking while teleporting changes player position to face -z.
- MC-46404 – Hearts, food, armor and crosshair are the wrong color (overlay) when holding certain items.
- MC-46427 – Breaking barriers create lava and water particles.
- MC-46435 – Reticle (now hitbox) appears on tile entities in spectator mode.
- MC-46473 – Cannot open minecart with chest in spectator mode.
- MC-46492 – Texture issues with invisible slime.
- MC-46535 – Can control minecarts in spectator mode.
- MC-46550 – The head of the sheep is bugged.
- MC-46560 – When certain mobs take damage, the red damage indicator is not displayed properly.
- MC-46599 – Trapped chests display triple chests in spectator mode.
- From the previous development version
- MC-46694 – Item frames, knots and paintings displaying void particle.
- MC-46695 – "
flyingSpeed" flood in the dev console when flying in gamemode 1 and 3.
- MC-46711 – Spectating baby zombies has wrong eye level.
- MC-46715 – Item repair duplicating item.
- MC-46751 – Cardinal direction in debug screen change with mouse while spectating a mob.
- MC-46761 – Zombies and zombie pigmen do not show holding items.
- MC-46950 – Can see the item name when pressing hotbar shortcut key in spectator mode.
- MC-47268 – Attempting to use a post-processing effect crashes on old Mac hardware.
- 14w06a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.