The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 14w05a
January 30, 2014
14w05a is the eighth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.8.
- Act like a solid block but are completely transparent.
- Can transfer redstone signals and allow blocks to be placed on it.
- Invincible like bedrock.
- Can be obtained using
/give @s minecraft:barrier.
- Use the lava texture as their breaking particles.
- New game mode.
- No interaction with the world.
- Player can move through any entity or block without interfering with it (commonly referred to as 'noclip' or as if in the far lands because they have fake chunks).
- Collecting or using items is impossible, as is placing, destroying or interacting with blocks in any way.
- A bug in this version allows the selected item from the hotbar to be dropped.
- Viewing inventories and GUIs is possible, but it is not possible to interact with them.
- The heads-up display is disabled, except for the cross hair when looking at a mob.
- Player selectors (in commands) can target spectators.
/giveon a spectator will cause the item(s) to drop at their location.
- Spectators are not noticed by mobs, and do not trigger spawners or spawning.
- A spectator's presence keeps a mob from despawning.
- Only the void and
/killcan damage a spectator.
- Flying mode.
- Landing is not possible—the player can fly through the ground.
- The mouse scroll wheel, the sprint key, and the slowness and swiftness effects all affect the flying speed.
- First-person view through another player or mob's eyes.
- Left-clicking an entity locks the player's position and camera to the entity's.
- The spectator cannot control where the entity moves or looks.
- Certain mobs have a different vision.
- Creeper applies the new creeper.json shader.
- Endermen applies the invert.json shader.
- Spider and Cave Spider apply the new spider.json shader.
- Viewing oneself using F5 shows the entity.
- Pressing the dismount key (⇧ Shift by default) returns the player to flying mode.
- Viewing privileges.
- Spectators can see other spectators.
- Appear as a translucent disembodied head.
- The selected item from the hotbar is also visible.
- Invisible players and mobs appear visible, but translucent.
- Spectators can see other spectators.
- A segmented-eyes effect.
- Is applied when the player uses spectator mode on a spider.
- Added pls rt
- Added Do you want to join my server?
- Added Put a little fence around it!
- Added Throw a blanket over it!
- Added One day, somewhere in the future, my work will be quoted!
- Added Now with additional stuff!
- Added Extra things!
- Powered activator rails will now shake minecarts, causing riders to dismount.
- Inventory image is now the Missing Texture block instead of the Nether Portal.
- Armor no longer gets colored when mobs/players are hurt.
- Copying written books will now mark them as copies/copies of copies.
- The copying status of a book (i.e. original, copy of original or copy of a copy) is denoted in a separate line in the tooltip, beneath the author's name.
- Copies of copies cannot be copied.
- Text now has a background.
- Replaced x, y, z, b, bl and other labels with more understandable labels.
- "Light" is now the light levels at feet, not eyes.
- Currently missing LC value.
- GUI code
- Improvements to allow "cooler things".
- 15 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-9752 – The command block will detect players who are dead, but have not yet hit respawn.
- MC-38944 – Joining Realms world "cancel" button misplaced.
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-44521 –
@e, and any UUID references work incorrectly after a player dies.
- MC-45041 –
/setblockon a tile entity with "
replace" doesn't seem to work.
- MC-45050 –
/fill … skull| Hitbox bug.
- MC-45159 – Blocks with tile entities don't get removed when you clone / fill an airblock to their position.
- MC-45239 –
/clear @adoes not work in Minecraft 14w03b.
- MC-45453 – Items & Blocks placed in item frames are rendered incorrectly.
- MC-45470 – Items don't render on the ground properly.
- MC-45478 – Pre-snapshot14w04a villagers break crops but don't replant them.
- MC-45492 – Transparent blocks are much darker.
- MC-45554 – Two tall flowers variants are not generating.
- From the previous development version
- MC-45764 – Map will not show in item frame.
- MC-45795 – Villagers can not place or pick up any crops.
- MC-45847 –
/summonVillager farmer NBT tag
canPickUpLootwill default to 0.
- 14w05a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.