Java Edition 14w03a
January 16, 2014
14w03a is the fourth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.8.
- Clones all the blocks (not entities) from a given area to a different given area.
- Up to 4096 blocks can be copied.
- Fills a given volume with a specified block.
- Up to 4096 blocks can be filled.
- oldBlockHandling works like with
/setblock, but with additional options: hollow to only fill the outer layer of blocks and fill the inner part with air, outline to fill the outer layer of blocks and ignore the inner part.
- oldBlockHandling works like with
- Works similarly to /setblock
- If set to false, will prevent all command blocks from outputting to the client console.
- If used on a server, it will also not log player executed commands in the server's log.
- Players will still see other players' executed commands in chat.
- No longer only one layer.
- Now only drops iron ingots when killed by the player, either through combat or potions, or player-activated mechanisms such as manually lit TNT.
- If killed without player intervention, only drops poppies.
- When struck by lightning, will now transform into Witches, similar like Pigs to Zombie pigmen and Creepers to Charged creepers.
- Now only drops gold nuggets and rare drops when killed by the player, either through combat or potions, or player-activated mechanisms such as manually lit TNT.
- If killed without player intervention, only drops rotten flesh.
- Now spawn with cobblestone under the gravel pathways.
- Now supports rotation arguments.
/tp @p ~ ~ ~ ~20 ~40teleports the player so that he faces 20 degrees to the right and 40 degrees downwards.
- Now supports cubic areas.
@e[x=0,y=0,z=0,dx=10,dy=10,dz=10]gets all entities between 0,0,0 and 10,10,10.
- The radius value in selectors is now based on the block center.
- A radius of 0 works for exact block positions.
- Item tooltips
- Now shows the internal name for use in commands (F3+H mode).
- Block IDs
- NBT data in commands can now use block/item names in place of numerical IDs.
- Old IDs still work, but are being phased out slowly.
- Other occurrences of blocks/items now need to be named IDs.
- Regular IDs in commands no longer work.
/give [player] 1is now
/give [player] stone.
- F3 hotkeys
- F3 + D : Clear chat history (including previously typed commands).
- Skin customization
- Uses a char.png file with new layout and new dimensions.
- Dimensions for the file are now 64x64.
- Right and left arms and legs are now editable independently.
- The hat layer is now full-body, can be transparent.
- Overlays for arms, legs, head, and body are called sleeves, pants legs, hat, and jacket respectively.
- Backwards compatible with older skins.
- Old skins still work, but do not have the new features.
- New skins when used in pre-14w02a versions act like old skins.
- New "Skin Customization" button in the options menu.
- Cape visibility is now toggled from here.
- Players can toggle the visibility of overlays, independent for each limb/body part.
- 14 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-14671 – 1-Tick pulse sustaining with repeaters.
- MC-26572 – Mob/player head blocks don't render the hat layer.
- MC-34919 –
Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering screen.
- MC-36494 –
/setworldspawndoes not update compass.
- MC-42312 – Range with command blocks subtly messed up.
- MC-44881 – Command block custom radius.
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-44389 – Leaves not changing color depending on biome.
- MC-44556 –
/cleardoesn't clear items in armor slot (NPE).
- MC-44684 – 14w02a teleporting changes cause side effects to endermen teleportation.
- From the previous development version
- MC-44618 – Spawn point
- MC-44758 – CommandBlock @ selectors are offcentered.
- MC-44785 – r=65536 in command block doesn't work anymore.
- MC-44824 –
Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering Block Entity.
- MC-44848 –
Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Unexpected error.
- 14w03a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.