Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
January 16, 2014
14w03a is the fourth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.8.
- Clones all the blocks (not entities) from a given area to a different given area.
- Up to 4096 blocks can be copied.
- Fills a given volume with a specified block.
- Up to 4096 blocks can be filled.
- oldBlockHandling works like with
/setblock, but with additional options: hollow to only fill the outer layer of blocks and fill the inner part with air, outline to fill the outer layer of blocks and ignore the inner part.
- oldBlockHandling works like with
- Works similarly to /setblock
- If set to false, will prevent all command blocks from outputting to the client console.
- If used on a server, it will also not log player executed commands in the server's log.
- Players will still see other players' executed commands in chat.
- No longer only one layer.
- Now only drops iron ingots when killed by the player, either through combat or potions, or player-activated mechanisms such as manually lit TNT.
- If killed without player intervention, only drops poppies.
- When struck by lightning, will now transform into Witches, similar like Pigs to Zombie pigmen and Creepers to Charged creepers.
- Now only drops gold nuggets and rare drops when killed by the player, either through combat or potions, or player-activated mechanisms such as manually lit TNT.
- If killed without player intervention, only drops rotten flesh.
- Now spawn with cobblestone under the gravel pathways.
- Now supports rotation arguments.
/tp @p ~ ~ ~ ~20 ~40teleports the player so that he faces 20 degrees to the right and 40 degrees downwards.
- Now supports cubic areas.
@e[x=0,y=0,z=0,dx=10,dy=10,dz=10]gets all entities between 0,0,0 and 10,10,10.
- The radius value in selectors is now based on the block center.
- A radius of 0 works for exact block positions.
- Item tooltips
- Now shows the internal name for use in commands (F3+H mode).
- Block IDs
- NBT data in commands can now use block/item names in place of numerical IDs.
- Old IDs still work, but are being phased out slowly.
- Other occurrences of blocks/items now need to be named IDs.
- Regular IDs in commands no longer work.
/give [player] 1is now
/give [player] stone.
- F3 hotkeys
- F3 + D : Clear chat history (including previously typed commands).
- Skin customization
- Uses a char.png file with new layout and new dimensions.
- Dimensions for the file are now 64x64.
- Right and left arms and legs are now editable independently.
- The hat layer is now full-body, can be transparent.
- Overlays for arms, legs, head, and body are called sleeves, pants legs, hat, and jacket respectively.
- Backwards compatible with older skins.
- Old skins still work, but do not have the new features.
- New skins when used in pre-14w02a versions act like old skins.
- New "Skin Customization" button in the options menu.
- Cape visibility is now toggled from here.
- Players can toggle the visibility of overlays, independent for each limb/body part.
- 14 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-14671 – 1-Tick pulse sustaining with repeaters.
- MC-26572 – Mob/player head blocks don't render the hat layer.
- MC-34919 –
Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering screen.
- MC-36494 –
/setworldspawndoes not update compass.
- MC-42312 – Range with command blocks subtly messed up.
- MC-44881 – Command block custom radius.
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-44389 – Leaves not changing color depending on biome.
- MC-44556 –
/cleardoesn't clear items in armor slot (NPE).
- MC-44684 – 14w02a teleporting changes cause side effects to endermen teleportation.
- From the previous development version
- MC-44618 – Spawn point
- MC-44758 – CommandBlock @ selectors are offcentered.
- MC-44785 – r=65536 in command block doesn't work anymore.
- MC-44824 –
Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering Block Entity.
- MC-44848 –
Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Unexpected error.
- 14w03a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.