Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
September 26, 2013
13w39a is the eighth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.7.2.
- Generated on the lowest surface levels of the mesa biome.
- Behaves like normal sand.
- Can be smelted into glass and crafted into TNT, but cannot be crafted into sandstone.
- Can only be obtained using
/give @p 422,
/give @p hopper_command_blockor
- Activated by activator rails.
- Run their command every so often as long as they are powered - Running a command block minecart across a single powered activator rail at full speed will run its command thrice.
- Can be success-tested while on a detector rail with a redstone comparator next to the rail (just like how the minecart with chest and minecart with hopper can be fill-checked).
- Can now give multiple enchantments.
- Orange terracotta generates in place of sandstone, but not in the same type of formation.
- Now done using Log4j 2.
- Default logging location is now in logs/latest.logs, older logs are archived in logs/2013-09-23-1.lg.gz, with the number at the end increasing each startup.
- The way logs are saved can be changed, examples: html page, database, errors only, no logging at all.
- 9 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.7.2
- MC-673 – Sky/lighting doesn't get darker during a thunderstorm.
- MC-1105 – Villagers act like it is raining when they are in the desert, and it rains elsewhere.
- MC-28405 – The saddle equip sound effect does not play when equipping a pig with a saddle.
- From the 1.7.2 development versions
- MC-29521 – Rain doesn't make particles/sound in some biomes (extreme hills).
- MC-31418 – Snow golems die in extreme hills snow.
- MC-31432 – XP orb sound bug.
- MC-31438 – Enemy monster slider controls the sound of items entering one's inventory.
- From the previous development version
- MC-31932 – Hopper:
- MC-31947 – Hopper:
- 13w39a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.