Java Edition 13w18a
May 2, 2013
- Crafted with coal in a 3×3 space.
- The block cannot be crafted with charcoal.
- Can be used as furnace fuel and smelts 72 items, the equivalent to 9 coal.
- Can be used as a storage block for large amounts of coal, similarly to blocks of iron and related blocks.
- New crafting recipe.
- Hay blocks are crafted with wheat similarly to mineral blocks.
- Hay blocks cannot be crafted back into wheat.
- Added chest generation .
- Chests generate in corners of interior corridors.
- Texture pack system
- Start of a new texture loading system.
- New "missing texture" texture.
- Can now be placed on translucent blocks.
- Texture changed to missing texture, due to the new texture pack loading system.
- Now output a signal for cauldrons and end portal frames.
- Removed from dungeon chests.
- Players can no longer craft horse armor.
- Can be found in dungeons.
- Removed from the game
- Can now be found in most generated chests.
- Tweaked horse equipment obtainability.
- Normal saddles are now required to ride horses.
- Horses now use the same saddle that pigs use.
- Adjustments related to horses makes them more practical later in the game.
- Mechanic whereby zombies spawn more zombies adjusted to be subtle and not as easily visible to the player.
- Zombies spawn in dark areas far from the player or in caves.
From released versions before 1.6.1
- – Mobs not realizing they killed their attacker and trying to attack empty space.
- – Dogs wont stop snarling after punched by someone else.
- – Despawning cured zombie.
- – Lava decay fails to schedule block update.
- – Blocks stop updating one minute after entering the Nether or the End.
From the 1.6.1 snapshots
- – The player can pick up command blocks with any pickaxe
From the previous snapshot
- – Can't place carpet on translucent blocks.