Java Edition 13w16a
April 18, 2013
13w16a is the first snapshot released for Java Edition 1.6.1.
- Carpets are made using 2 of the player's desired colors of wool in a horizontal line
- Can be placed in all orientations, just like wood.
- Exist in diamond, iron and gold variants.
- Crafted with six iron/gold/diamond and a wool block.
- Stack to 32.
- Crafted with five leather and three iron ingots.
- Can be used to bind mobs to fences or lead them around.
- Right-click mob first, then right-click fence or right-click the mob again to get the lead back.
- When used, a different horse breed is created each time.
- Works like any other spawn egg.
- Like horses, but can carry chests on their back although no inventory is currently available.
- Can be bred with horses to make a mule.
- Ridable by right-clicking them, move with usual movement keys, maximum speed, and jump height differ between horses.
- Have various amounts of maximum health, use wheat and carrots to heal them.
- Drop leather when killed.
- Can be bred using wheat – baby horses can be grown using apples, golden apples, wheat, and hay bales.
- Players can make them jump by pressing and holding the space bar.
- They naturally step up over 1 block, which enables you to walk up hills.
- They can also use ladders, when steered towards them.
- Creation assisted by DrZhark (Creator of the Mo' Creatures mod).
- There is an undead and skeleton version of the horse included in the code, although they require NBT editing to view in-game.
- Mules can be obtained by breeding a donkey and a horse.
- Changed the idea of mob difficulty.
- Regional difficulty: The longer the player stays in one area, the harder it gets.
- Scales with difficulty – Items, enchants or AI improve with difficulty.
- Improved Respiration.
- Now also helps seeing underwater (this depends on the enchantment level, ranging from 1–3).
- Add mob's health bar to the Heads-up display when riding on it (both pigs and horses).
- When riding something, like a mob or a boat, dismounting is only possible using the Sneak key, ⇧ Left Shift by default.
- Added Mo' Creatures developers to
- Directory structure
.minecraftdirectory structure is changed:
assetsfolder; stores resources such as language packs and sounds.
- All music discs now use
.oggformat instead of
- All music discs now use
libraryfolder; stores Java libraries such as LWJGL and
versionsfolder; there are files
version.json(meta data) and folders that stores
minecraft.jarfor each versions (but its name is the same as its version; the jar for 13w16a is
- From released versions before 1.6.1
- – Unable to play game unless LWJGL is manually replaced
- – Endermen are rendered hostile if they take environmental damage.
- – Client can control if they take damage and abuse this / ALT or F10 freezes client in windowed mode
- – Using the anvil for free
- – Can get permanently stuck in a minecart in a nether portal
- – Minecraft crashing on 1.5.1 prerelease server
- "Minecraft Snapshot 13w16a and New Launcher" – Mojang.com, April 18, 2013.