The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 13w05a
January 31, 2013
13w05a was reuploaded shortly after release.[more information needed]
- Fully implemented multiple snow heights.
- Drops one snowball for every layer of snow.
- Each level of snow has its own height collision.
- The topmost layer of snow does not have collision, so the player is always slightly sunken in the snow.
- Visually, four layers of snow is the same height as a slab. However, five layers of snow have the same collision height as a slab.
- Crafting recipe is 3 snow blocks in a row to create 6 snow layers.
- For each thin layer of snow crafted, the player loses exactly half the snowballs required to produce it.
- Increased range.
- Effects are infinite upwards with the beam.
- 1 layer: 41 blocks diameter (previously 33).
- 2 layers: 61 blocks (previously 49).
- 3 layers: 81 blocks (previously 65).
- 4 layers: 101 blocks (previously 81).
- Now uses the 8s bit on block 149 to represent its powered state, rather than a separate block ID, 150.
- Block 150 is deprecated.
- Improved lighting.
- No longer prevent sprinting.
- Everything now randomly takes 2-3 uses to fully grow.
- Added team mechanics including custom name colors, friendly fire options and objective tracking per team instead of per player.
- Added a new display type – displays value below nametags.
- Added a new criterion – health, ranging from 0 to 20.
From released versions before 1.5
- – Spawn Protection not working properly.
/difficultycommand doesn't produce any messages.
- – Hash size breaks redstone.
- – Can't sprint going up stairs.
- – SpawnPotentials list working incorrectly.
- – URL parser does not detect 4 letter TLDs.
- – Wither doesn't generate health when in minecart.
- – Gamerule doMobLoot doesn't affect xp drops.
From the 1.5 snapshots
- – Comparator outputs "pulse" when side signal is on.
- – The delay of the comparator is inconsistent.
- – Comparators causes block updates while idle.
- – Comparator is miscounting Hopper's contents.
- – Comparators trying to lock Repeaters even if their output is 0 (graphical).
- – SRV is no longer used to lookup servers.
- – High-res texture pack items have garbage on edges.
- – Mining activator rail isn't boosted by pickaxe.
- – TNT defuses when traveling between dimensions.
From the previous snapshot
- – Scoreboard vanishes when changing dimensions.
- – Right-clicking with a helmet in hand crashes the game.
- – Dispenser will put on stacks of armor.
- – Scoreboard system doesn't accept @a.
- – Giant Mushrooms still grow instantly from bonemeal.
- – Furnace Minecarts drop a minecart and TNT.