The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 12w50a
December 13, 2012
- Added 3 new textures:
- Can be harvested utilizing Silk Touch shears.
- Added tool highlight when switching items in the hotbar.
- Renamed items will display the changed name.
- To disable it, open
- Added Thorns enchantment for armor.
- When hit by a mob, the mob will receive damage.
- Item entities are rendered as 3D objects in the world when in Fancy graphics mode.
- This includes items placed in item frames.
- Items now show their enchantments when dropped on the ground.
- Tweaked the effect the item gives and sounds.
- Protection is no longer as effective as all the other Protection enchantments combined.
- Unbreaking can be applied to anything with durability using enchanted books.
- Pressing CTRL+Q by default (Or the "Drop" button if changed in controls), the player drops a full stack instead of one item.
- Added a notice/warning for users still playing on PowerPCs or Java 5 (Java 1.5).
- MC-255 – Graphical issue with trading.
- MC-312 – Item textures of spawn eggs and firework stars not aligned properly when stacked.
- MC-674 – Items different only in damage cannot be swapped.
- MC-1626 – Z-fighting in beacon block bottom.
- MC-1959 – Placing double slabs ignore damage values.
- MC-1969 – minecarts cant travel through nether portals.
- MC-3593 – Lightning does not flash.
- MC-4499 – Beacon tiers do not work at y=0.
- MC-4510 – Enchantment not showing in item frame.
- From the previous development version
- MC-4193 – Firework star duplication glitch.
- MC-4199 – Deaths not logged to console.
- MC-4200 – The Nether and the End generating random blocks clientside in multiplayer.
- MC-4203 – Enchanted Books: Unenchantable item can receive any enchantment.
- MC-4433 – Falling sand spawners failing to save properly, and causing crashes.