(Redirected from Java Edition 12w41a)
October 11, 2012
12w41a is the twelfth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.4.2.
- Added for repairing, merging & naming items.
- Three different damage states: Anvil, Slightly Damaged Anvil, and Very Damaged Anvil.
- Anvils cannot only rename tools and armor, but any item.
- Renamed placeable items will not retain their name if placed.
- Anvils can merge enchantments.
- Items with two different enchantments will give an item with both.
- Items with the same enchantment will increase the level of the enchantment if they have the same level or take only the highest if they don't.
- Some enchantments can be lost during the merging because of incompatibility (ex: Sharpness I + Smite I).
- The first item seems to have the priority (the lost enchantments are on the second item).
- Anvils can also be dropped in a similar manner to Sand, Gravel, and Dragon Eggs.
- When landing on a mob, the anvil will deal damage relative to the distance it fell.
- Now can have custom explosion radius and fuse timer using edited mob spawners and NBT tags (
ExplosionRadius & Fuse).
- Potion-like effects given by the Beacon now use semi-transparent particles, to be less intrusive.
- Normal potions remain unchanged.
- No longer forget that they are aggressive against a player in Creative mode after a few seconds anymore.
- Can now be obtained by breeding animals.
- Level-up sound now only plays every 5 levels.
- Sound has been tweaked.
- Tweaks to debugging
- F3+H now shows tool and armor durability on damaged items – On maps it shows the zoom level.
- Now shows which cardinal direction the player is facing on the f value.
- The pie chart on the F3 overlay is now shown when opening it using shift+F3 instead of vice versa.
- Settings menu
- Renamed "Chat Settings" to "Multiplayer Settings".
- Contains the old chat settings menu.
- Option for cape-owners to hide their capes in game.
4 bugs fixed
- When placing the Anvil in mid-air in a certain orientation the entity will be sideways until it lands.
- Breaking the block under any Anvil resets it to a regular Anvil.
- When using the /kill command an error appears, when holding a block it gives the normal message but you don't die.
- When in a multiplayer server and trying to rename an item, if entire name is erased the client will crash.