The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 12w41a
October 11, 2012
- Added for repairing, merging & naming items.
- Three different damage states: Anvil, Slightly Damaged Anvil, and Very Damaged Anvil.
- Anvils cannot only rename tools and armor, but any item.
- Renamed placeable items will not retain their name if placed.
- Anvils can merge enchantments.
- Items with two different enchantments will give an item with both.
- Items with the same enchantment will increase the level of the enchantment if they have the same level or take only the highest if they don't.
- Some enchantments can be lost during the merging because of incompatibility (ex: Sharpness I + Smite I).
- The first item seems to have the priority (the lost enchantments are on the second item).
- Anvils can also be dropped in a similar manner to Sand, Gravel, and Dragon Eggs.
- When landing on a mob, the anvil will deal damage relative to the distance it fell.
- Now can have custom explosion radius and fuse timer using edited mob spawners and NBT tags (
ExplosionRadius & Fuse).
- Potion-like effects given by the Beacon now use semi-transparent particles, to be less intrusive.
- Normal potions remain unchanged.
- No longer forget that they are aggressive against a player in Creative mode after a few seconds anymore.
- Can now be obtained by breeding animals.
- Level-up sound now only plays every 5 levels.
- Sound has been tweaked.
- Tweaks to debugging
- F3+H now shows tool and armor durability on damaged items – On maps it shows the zoom level.
- Now shows which cardinal direction the player is facing on the f value.
- The pie chart on the F3 overlay is now shown when opening it using shift+F3 instead of vice versa.
- Settings menu
- Renamed "Chat Settings" to "Multiplayer Settings".
- Contains the old chat settings menu.
- Option for cape-owners to hide their capes in game.
5 bugs fixed
- When placing the Anvil in mid-air in a certain orientation the entity will be sideways until it lands.
- Breaking the block under any Anvil resets it to a regular Anvil.
- When using the /kill command an error appears, when holding a block it gives the normal message but you don't die.
- When in a multiplayer server and trying to rename an item, if entire name is erased the client will crash.
- Using fortune ≥ IV (normally impossible to obtain) on gravel no longer causes a game crash.