The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 12w34a
August 23, 2012
- Acts like fences.
- Can contain mostly any plant-based block.
- Crafted like a painting but with leather instead of wool.
- Used to hang items on a wall.
- Can be rotated in 8 directions.
- Similar to cobblestone walls.
- Added carrots and Golden carrots
- Carrots can be planted in tilled soil
- Added potion of night vision.
- Added potion of invisibility.
- Potion of invisibility is brewed by adding a fermented spider eye to a potion of night vision.
- Mobs do not attack players until the player bump into them.
- Potion also hides the player's name tag.
- New boss mob.
- Only available through external modification such as editing mob spawners, mods, or hacks.
- It shoots exploding projectiles called Wither Skulls and destroys nearby blocks.
- Also has a boss health bar.
- Now has a chance to drop carrots and potatoes.
- Added new Full-screen toggle to the Video Settings.
- Added new use Vsync toggle in the Video Settings.
- Added an unused texture in gui/items.png.
- Spreads differently based on difficulty.
- Mob spawners
- Now give less experience when the player farms them continuously.
- Now have a smaller hitbox.
- Stairs now auto-arrange into corners.
- This is a test and may change based on the feedback.
- Will ignite if shot by a flaming arrow.
- Can be placed in top-most position (based on cross-hair aim).
- Leather armor can be dyed.
- The default color of leather has changed.
- The player can right-click a full cauldron with dyed armor to remove dye.
- Tamed wolves' collars can be dyed.
- Maps now align to a grid, making it easier to create adjacent maps.
- A compass and paper do now create an empty map.
- An empty map has no data on it until the player right click with it.
- The point on the player's world where the player right clicked it is the map's center.
- A map (with data) can be cloned. Cloned maps are stackable.
- Maps can be zoomed out (but not zoomed in).
- Mobs (and all other entities) can travel through portals.
- The particle effect when a trade with a Villager has been successful has changed.
- The f: item on the F3 debug screen now shows the exact direction the player is looking, between -180 and 180 degrees from the south.
- F3+P will toggle the auto-pause when the window loses focus (mainly for debugging).
- F3+H will toggle detailed item descriptions (also for debugging).
3 bugs fixed
- Fixed zombies not burning in the sun.
- Fixed graphical glitch with chests and ender chests.
- Fixed crash bug with beacons.