Java Edition 12w34a
August 23, 2012
- Acts like fences.
- Can contain mostly any plant-based block.
- Crafted like a painting but with leather instead of wool.
- Used to hang items on a wall.
- Can be rotated in 8 directions.
- Similar to cobblestone walls.
- Added carrots and Golden carrots
- Carrots can be planted in tilled soil
- Added potion of night vision.
- Added potion of invisibility.
- Potion of invisibility is brewed by adding a fermented spider eye to a potion of night vision.
- Mobs do not attack players until the player bumps into them.
- Potion also hides the player's name tag.
- New boss mob.
- Only available through external modification such as editing mob spawners, mods, or hacks.
- It shoots exploding projectiles called Wither Skulls and destroys nearby blocks.
- Also has a boss health bar.
- Now has a chance to drop carrots and potatoes.
- Added new Full-screen toggle to the Video Settings.
- Added new use Vsync toggle in the Video Settings.
- Added an unused texture in gui/items.png.
- Spreads differently based on difficulty.
- Mob spawners
- Now give less experience when the player farms them continuously.
- Now have a smaller hitbox.
- Stairs now auto-arrange into corners.
- This is a test and may change based on the feedback.
- Will ignite if shot by a flaming arrow.
- Can be placed in top-most position (based on cross-hair aim).
- Leather armor can be dyed.
- The default color of leather has changed.
- The player can right-click a full cauldron with dyed armor to remove dye.
- Tamed wolves' collars can be dyed.
- Maps now align to a grid, making it easier to create adjacent maps.
- A compass and paper do now create an empty map.
- An empty map has no data on it until the player right click with it.
- The point on the player's world where the player right clicked it is the map's center.
- A map (with data) can be cloned. Cloned maps are stackable.
- Maps can be zoomed out (but not zoomed in).
- Mobs (and all other entities) can travel through portals.
- The particle effect when a trade with a Villager has been successful has changed.
- The f: item on the F3 debug screen now shows the exact direction the player is looking, between -180 and 180 degrees from the south.
- F3+P will toggle the auto-pause when the window loses focus (mainly for debugging).
- F3+H will toggle detailed item descriptions (also for debugging).
3 bugs fixed
- Fixed zombies not burning in the sun.
- Fixed graphical glitch with chests and ender chests.
- Fixed crash bug with beacons.