Java Edition 12w18a
May 3, 2012
12w18a is the fourth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1.
- Wood logs now have their proper names (e.g. Oak Wood).
- Wood planks now have their proper names (e.g. Spruce Wood Planks).
- Game no longer pauses when writing in a book. Whether this applies to book and quills is unknown.
- Cocoa beans are now obtainable in jungle tree leaves.
- Game no longer pauses when writing in a sign.
- Wooden tools work in furnaces as one full furnace use.
- Villagers spawned from spawning eggs will get a random profession.
- The 1⁄4 second (5 tick) delay between block breaking has been removed for players in survival. The player can now instantly mine a large amount of blocks in survival simply by holding destroy if conditions are met.
- Hardcore is now available in multiplayer.
- Separated server logic and client, therefore singleplayer is now a local server.
- Game no longer pauses when entering a command or pausing the game.
- F3 Debug screen
- Coordinates are now rounded to 5 digits.
- "ws", "fs" and "g" (Walking speed, flying speed and ground; "g" is true if the player is touching the ground).
- Updated language files.
- Splash "Mojang" screen now appears for 1 second instead of 3.
- Support and auto-download for server texture packs.
- The particles from adding an eye of ender to an end portal frame block will no longer appear offset if performed at high distances from the world origin.
- This is due to the fact that they simply did not appear at all from this snapshot onwards, which is
- This bug resurfaced in Java Edition 19w14a when the aforementioned absent particles bug was fixed.
4 bugs fixed
- Fixed being unable to switch tools of the same kind in your inventory.
- Fixed water destroying non-solid blocks when breaking them from above.
- Fixed picking a block in creative with a tool in your hand causing you to lose it.
- Fixed Silk Touch giving you only one slab from double slabs.