The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 12w18a
May 3, 2012
12w18a is the fourth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1.
- Wood logs now have their proper names (e.g. Oak Wood).
- Wood planks now have their proper names (e.g. Spruce Wood Planks).
- Game no longer pauses when writing in a book. Whether this applies to book and quills is unknown.
- Cocoa beans are now obtainable in jungle tree leaves.
- Game no longer pauses when writing in a sign.
- Wooden tools work in furnaces as one full furnace use.
- Villagers spawned from spawning eggs will get a random profession.
- Hardcore is now available in multiplayer.
- Separated server logic and client, therefore singleplayer is now a local server.
- Game no longer pauses when entering a command or pausing the game.
- F3 Debug screen
- Coordinates are now rounded to 5 digits.
- "ws", "fs" and "g" (Walking speed, flying speed and ground; "g" is true if the player is touching the ground).
- Updated language files.
- Splash "Mojang" screen now appears for 1 second instead of 3.
- Support and auto-download for server texture packs.
4 bugs fixed
- Fixed being unable to switch tools of the same kind in your inventory.
- Fixed water destroying non-solid blocks when breaking them from above.
- Fixed picking a block in creative with a tool in your hand causing you to lose it.
- Fixed Silk Touch giving you only one slab from double slabs.