As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Java Edition 12w17a
April 26, 2012
12w17a is the third snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1.
- Wooden slabs for each of the four shades of wood added.
- New block IDs 125 for double wooden slabs and 126 for single wooden slabs.
- These new slabs no longer act like stone.
- An axe should be used to break them.
- They are no longer immune to fire and lava.
- Wooden slabs created in older versions of Minecraft are still stone-like and fireproof and will not change to the new slabs when placed or mined.
- Editable Books – Book and quill, crafted using a book, feather, and ink sac
- When a book and quill is made, it can be right-clicked to open a screen that allows you to type the book.
- Pressing "Done" will save whatever was typed and allow you to edit the book again later, yet will not "sign" it.
- When "signing" a book, it will allow you to choose a title up to 16 characters long and disable editing of the book, the Book and quill then become a written book, with the icon changing along with the label.
- Looks the same as a regular book, but has a shine like an enchantment.
- After being finished, the written book cannot be edited again.
- Added 'Chat Options'.
- Added chat opacity, letting the chat be semi-transparent.
- Added chat disabling, removing the chat for Multiplayer servers.
- Added chat colors option.
- Added "Only Commands" mode to chat.
- Saplings now have their proper names (e.g. Spruce Sapling).
- Leather is now required to craft books.
- Now have infinite durability in Creative mode.
- Livestock, such as chickens, can now be "walked through" instead of pushing the player around in crowded pens.
- Can now be destroyed in one hit in Creative mode.
- Can now be destroyed a single hit in Creative mode.
- The player can no longer have a bonus chest in Hardcore mode.
- Flying through water in Creative mode is no longer slow.
- Server Commands now appear in italics in multiplayer.
3 bugs fixed
- Fixed entity collision errors.
- Fixed the pick block function.
- Fixed chat issues.
- "Minecraft Snapshot 12w17a" by Jens Bergensten. Mojang.com, April 26, 2012.