Java Edition 12w17a
April 26, 2012
12w17a is the third snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1.
- Wooden slabs for each of the four shades of wood added.
- New block IDs 125 for double wooden slabs and 126 for single wooden slabs.
- These new slabs no longer act like stone.
- An axe should be used to break them.
- They are no longer immune to fire and lava.
- Wooden slabs created in older versions of Minecraft are still stone-like and fireproof and will not change to the new slabs when placed or mined.
- Editable Books – Book and quill, crafted using a book, feather, and ink sac
- When a book and quill is made, it can be right-clicked to open a screen that allows you to type the book.
- Pressing "Done" will save whatever was typed and allow you to edit the book again later, yet will not "sign" it.
- When "signing" a book, it will allow you to choose a title up to 16 characters long and disable editing of the book, the Book and quill then become a written book, with the icon changing along with the label.
- Looks the same as a regular book, but has a shine like an enchantment.
- After being finished, the written book cannot be edited again.
- Added 'Chat Options'.
- Added chat opacity, letting the chat be semi-transparent.
- Added chat disabling, removing the chat for Multiplayer servers.
- Added chat colors option.
- Added "Only Commands" mode to chat.
- Saplings now have their proper names (e.g. Spruce Sapling).
- Leather is now required to craft books.
- Now have infinite durability in Creative mode.
- Livestock, such as chickens, can now be "walked through" instead of pushing the player around in crowded pens.
- Can now be destroyed in one hit in Creative mode.
- Can now be destroyed a single hit in Creative mode.
- The player can no longer have a bonus chest in Hardcore mode.
- Flying through water in Creative mode is no longer slow.
- Server Commands now appear in italics in multiplayer.
3 bugs fixed
- Fixed entity collision errors.
- Fixed the pick block function.
- Fixed chat issues.
- "Minecraft Snapshot 12w17a" by Jens Bergensten – Mojang.com, April 26, 2012.