We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Java Edition 1.9-pre2
February 18, 2016
|Other editions of 1.9-pre2|
- Mob spawning
- Pack spawning is less likely to spawn the full pack, and less likely to spread them out.
- Previously, spawning a pack would start from the center three times and cumulatively adjust the coordinates four times by up to ±5 in X and Z, trying to spawn a mob each time, for a total of twelve spawn attempts (although it stops early if a full pack has spawned). Now that "four times" is a random number 1–4, meaning fewer total spawn attempts and less chance for the attempt coordinates to get far from the pack center.
- 11 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.9
- MC-27485 – Painting / item frame spawners crash the game, regardless of data provided.
- MC-35127 – Wrong NBT TAG Type for
- MC-35714 – Sounds loop/restart when exiting screens.
- MC-37516 – Items with attributes e.g.
generic.movementSpeedwill not work after deselecting and wearing them.
- MC-77880 – New 1.8.x statistics are not translatable.
- From the 1.9 development versions
- MC-87525 – Creeper explosion radius is unchanged when
- MC-89928 – End portals do not place the player at the correct coordinates.
- MC-90101 – Mob spawner is overwriting (ignoring?) Pos[x,y,z] data of entity.
- MC-91290 – Skeletons with no AI are spawning naturally.
- MC-95538 –
/playsoundcommand doesn’t work with selectors not resolving to exactly one entity.
- MC-97523 – Nether portals briefly teleport players to original location in alternate dimension.
Video made by slicedlime:
- 1.9-pre2 was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.