Java Edition 1.9-pre1
February 17, 2016
- Durability increased from 181 to 337.
- Some of the pillars will now generate with iron bars again, which was removed in last snapshot.
- 9 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.9
- MC-4272 – Zombie Pigmen don't attack in groups when fighting other mobs.
- MC-12448 – Not translatable potion names in some languages.
- MC-13277 – Holding the sneak key and the jump key while flying causes the player to move slowly.
- MC-76648 – Error messages for invalid item or block name have no translation on crowdin.
- MC-85274 – When an arrow lands on the ground, it hangs to the side for a second.
- From the 1.9 development versions
- MC-89119 – Rail duplication with vertical slime blocks.
- MC-90499 – Carpets duplicated when pulled by slime blocks.
- MC-94070 – Carpet duplicates when pushed downwards by piston.
- Private issues
Video made by slicedlime:
- Interestingly, the release date for 1.9-pre1 was (though not confirmed by Mojang themselves) hinted at in the 16w06a blog post in the hotbar, where the wool values corresponded to the numbers 1, 7, 0, 2, 2, 0, 1, 6, which represented the date February 17th, 2016 - the day this was released.
- 1.9-pre1 was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.